Digital TV News: Sixty
Sixty integrates Ease TV with Huawei Envision
Sep 7, 2017 – Sixty has announced that it has integrated its Ease TV user interface framework with Huawei Envision. Ease TV uses the Huawei Envision Open API to provide a powerful and flexible hybrid video solution for operator customers.
News categories: Sixty, Huawei, Kjetil Horneland, Martin Chen, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, UX
Sixty attracts investment to fund future growth
Jul 24, 2017 – Sixty has announced that it has raised 26 million NOK in total from Alden AS, Vanguard Invest AS and Mowinckel Management AS. Sixty will use the investment to further develop its product portfolio and to fund expansion in geographical reach and personnel.
News categories: Sixty, Kjetil Horneland, Digital TV, Norway, Set Top Box, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Sixty delivers UX for next generation Altibox set-top
Mar 27, 2017 – Altibox and Sixty have announced that Sixty has been working on a design and development project to support the May 2017 launch of the next generation Altibox set-top solutions.
News categories: Sixty, Altibox, Kjetil Horneland, Thomas Skjelbred, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Set Top Box, UX, Video Exchange
20,000 subscribers for Jamaica's Digicel Play
Apr 4, 2016 – Digicel Play has announced that its service has passed the 20,000 subscriber mark in Jamaica, less than sixty days after reaching 10,000 customers.
News categories: Digicel, John Suranyi, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Subscribers
Altibox to use Sixty for STB UI development
Mar 14, 2016 – TV experience company Sixty has announced that it has signed a strategic partnership with Altibox which will see Sixty apply its expertise and experience to support the development of Altibox’s latest generation set-top box (STB).
News categories: Sixty, Altibox, Kjetil Horneland, Øyvind Lundbakk, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
SIXTY announces lightweight STB user interface framework
Aug 24, 2015 – SIXTY has announced the launch of Ease TV, the first product of its Ease by Sixty product line. Ease TV is a fast, strong and lightweight user interface framework for the set-top box market.
News categories: SIXTY, Carl Mathisen, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Ofcom releases UK Communications Market Report 2014
Aug 7, 2014 – The UK's communications regulator, Ofcom, has published its annual Communications Market report for 2014. Online TV revenue increased by 41% in 2013 to reach £364m. Twelve per cent of TV households had a smart TV in Q1 2014.
News categories: Ofcom, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Average U.S. Monthly Pay-TV Subscription Bills May Top $200 by 2020
Apr 10, 2012 – According to The NPD Group, the average pay-TV subscription for basic pay-TV service and premium-TV channels in the U.S. reached $86 in 2011. If nothing changes, NPD expects the average pay-TV bill to reach $123 by the year 2015 and $200 by 2020.
News categories: NPD Group, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, USA
Eutelsat's Satellites Break the Barrier of 4,000 TV Channels
Jan 30, 2012 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that the number of channels broadcasting through its satellites hit the milestone of 4,000 at the end of 2011. This new landmark reflects almost 30 years of uninterrupted channel growth.
News categories: Eutelsat, Market Research, Satellite
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server