Digital TV News: Sixty
20,000 subscribers for Jamaica's Digicel Play
Apr 4, 2016 – Digicel Play has announced that its service has passed the 20,000 subscriber mark in Jamaica, less than sixty days after reaching 10,000 customers.
News categories: Digicel, John Suranyi, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Subscribers
Altibox to use Sixty for STB UI development
Mar 14, 2016 – TV experience company Sixty has announced that it has signed a strategic partnership with Altibox which will see Sixty apply its expertise and experience to support the development of Altibox’s latest generation set-top box (STB).
News categories: Sixty, Altibox, Kjetil Horneland, Øyvind Lundbakk, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
SIXTY announces lightweight STB user interface framework
Aug 24, 2015 – SIXTY has announced the launch of Ease TV, the first product of its Ease by Sixty product line. Ease TV is a fast, strong and lightweight user interface framework for the set-top box market.
News categories: SIXTY, Carl Mathisen, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Ofcom releases UK Communications Market Report 2014
Aug 7, 2014 – The UK's communications regulator, Ofcom, has published its annual Communications Market report for 2014. Online TV revenue increased by 41% in 2013 to reach £364m. Twelve per cent of TV households had a smart TV in Q1 2014.
News categories: Ofcom, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Average U.S. Monthly Pay-TV Subscription Bills May Top $200 by 2020
Apr 10, 2012 – According to The NPD Group, the average pay-TV subscription for basic pay-TV service and premium-TV channels in the U.S. reached $86 in 2011. If nothing changes, NPD expects the average pay-TV bill to reach $123 by the year 2015 and $200 by 2020.
News categories: NPD Group, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, USA
Eutelsat's Satellites Break the Barrier of 4,000 TV Channels
Jan 30, 2012 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that the number of channels broadcasting through its satellites hit the milestone of 4,000 at the end of 2011. This new landmark reflects almost 30 years of uninterrupted channel growth.
News categories: Eutelsat, Market Research, Satellite
Connected Devices will account for 70 percent of Consumer Electronic Device Market Value in 2011
Aug 17, 2011 – Seventy percent of Consumer Electronic (CE) industry 2011 revenues will come from Internet connectable devices, according to the latest research from the Strategy Analytics Connected Home Devices (CHD) service.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVR, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Vodafone Netherlands launches broadband, phone and TV over fibre
Aug 15, 2011 – Vodafone (LSE: VOD, NASDAQ: VOD) has launched a triple play service of broadband, telephony and television in the Netherlands. The service offers a basic package with more than sixty television channels and broadband speeds up to 100Mb/s.
News categories: Vodafone, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Netherlands
Digita Chooses Envivio Encoding for New DVB-H Service in Finland
Aug 13, 2009 – Envivio has announced that its Mobile Series™ video encoding platform has been installed by Digita Oy. The platform is being used to deliver ten channels of DVB-H encoded mobile television to be offered by mobile operators in Finland.
News categories: Envivio, Digita Oy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, IBCShowcase, Mobile
- HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
- SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5