Digital TV News: SoftAtHome
SoftAtHome, Zappware and Kaonmedia to demo hybrid end-to-end cable solution at IBC 2013
Sep 11, 2013 – SoftAtHome, Zappware and Kaonmedia have teamed up to demonstrate a hybrid end-to-end cable platform allowing viewers to zap between cable and OTT content. The companies will offer demonstrations of their HEVC enabled platform during IBC 2013.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Zappware, Kaon, Patrick Vos, Michel Degland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
SoftAtHome and Zappware team up to build cable TV platform
Jun 4, 2013 – SoftAtHome has teamed up with Zappware to build a next generation platform for cable TV operators. This will be created by integrating SoftAtHome's SOP5 software for set top boxes and home gateways with Zappware's Nexx™ TV User Interface (UI).
News categories: Zappware, SoftAtHome, Cable TV, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics and SoftAtHome Demonstrate Secure Platform for MultiScreen Digital Services
Mar 20, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and SoftAtHome have successfully demonstrated a client/server solution that will allow service providers to reach extra screens with an optimal user experience in subscribers' homes via a single, managed connection.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, SoftAtHome, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
SoftAtHome powers latest Livebox Play solution launched by Orange
Mar 18, 2013 – The all-new Livebox Play offering is Orange's new service-rich home-Gateway and latest generation STB offering. SoftAtHome is excited to be part of what already seems a commercial success.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Orange, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
SoftAtHome Integrates Microsoft Smooth Streaming Technology
Feb 11, 2013 – SoftAtHome has announced that it has integrated Microsoft Smooth Streaming technology into its latest SoftAtHome Operating Platform (SOP) release. By incorporating adaptive bitrate technologies, SoftAtHome's software enables broadcasters to provide access to OTT services on set-top boxes.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Media Player, Set Top Box, Streaming
Lantiq and SoftAtHome show Broadband Home Gateway at BBWF
Oct 15, 2012 – Lantiq and SoftAtHome are collaborating at the Broadband World Forum to demonstrate a Lantiq-based gateway running the SoftAtHome gBox (gateway Box) software, which enables advanced services for multi-screen home networking environments.
News categories: Lantiq, SoftAtHome, BBWF, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
SoftAtHome already in over 10 million devices
Sep 7, 2012 – SoftAtHome has announced that its base of deployed products passed the 10 million devices milestone. SoftAtHome products are now present in over 10 different markets throughout the world with IP, Broadcast and hybrid commercial deployments.
News categories: Digital TV, Gateway, IBC2022, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
SoftAtHome, Ikanos to Deliver Next Generation Home Gateways
Sep 29, 2011 – SoftAtHome and Ikanos Communications (NASDAQ: IKAN) have announced that they are working together to bring a next-generation gateway platform to market. The new platform combines the SoftAtHome platform with Ikanos' communications processors.
News categories: Ikanos, SoftAtHome, BBWF, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
SoftAtHome and Vestel Launch First Connected TV for IPTV Operators Worldwide
Mar 22, 2011 – Vestel and SoftAtHome have announced that they have developed the first Connected TV for operators. IPTV operators worldwide can now offer premium IPTV services over a Connected TV. The solution leverages the power of the Renesas EMMA3SL/P chipset.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Vestel, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Video Exchange
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media