Digital TV News: Sonaecom
European Fibre Leaders Welcome Turkey to Their Ranks
Feb 9, 2011 – The second half of 2010 was a period of accelerated growth in FTTH networks, both in terms of buildings passed and subscribers connected, the FTTH Council Europe revealed in a presentation to journalists at the FTTH Conference in Milan.
News categories: FTTH Council Europe, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fibre, Finland, France, IPTV, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey
Optimus Clix Achieves 100% Time-Shift TV Services Increase in 5 Months With Espial MediaBase
Jun 22, 2010 – Espial (TSX:ESP) has announced that Optimus Clix (Lisbon:SNC) has doubled the usage of its Time-Shift TV Services in Portugal in the first 5 months of 2010. Espial MediaBase powers the on-demand TV service to Optimus Clix TV customers.
News categories: Espial, Clix, Content Distribution, IPTV, Portugal
FTTH growth accelerates in Europe
Feb 24, 2010 – In 2009, growth in terms of subscribers and Homes/Buildings passed has accelerated in Europe. In EU36 (including Russia), there were nearly 3.5 million FTTH/B subscribers and more than 25 million Homes/Buildings Passed.
News categories: IDATE, FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, IPTV, Italy, Lithuania, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden
ANACOM publishes 2Q09 pay TV numbers for Portugal
Sep 10, 2009 – According to ANACOM, at the end of June 2009, the total number of pay TV subscribers in Portugal continued to grow, surpassing 2.37 million, around 47,000 more than in the previous quarter and 232,000 more than in the same period of 2008.
News categories: ANACOM, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Portugal, Satellite
Ericsson signs agreement with Sonaecom for world's first trial of IMS-integrated IPTV middleware
Sep 12, 2008 – Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) has announced that it has signed an agreement with Sonaecom (Lisbon:SNC) to provide and integrate its open, standards-based, end-to-end IPTV solution, including its new IMS-based IPTV middleware.
News categories: Ericsson, Sonaecom, Content Distribution, IBC, IPTV, Middleware, Portugal
Sonaecom informs on 1st quarter 2008 consolidated results
May 5, 2008 – During 1Q08, Sonaecom promoted the replacement, for free, of current customers' set top boxes for a new MPEG-4 model which will allow TV customers to access HD channels, DTT and to benefit from improved sound quality.
News categories: Sonaecom, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Results, Set Top Box
CopperGate Ships over 2 Million HomePNA 3.1 Chipsets
Oct 23, 2007 – At TelcoTV, CopperGate Communications, the leading provider of home networking technology for triple play IPTV over existing home wiring, announced that it has shipped over 2 Million HomePNA 3.1 CopperStream chipsets to OEM customers worldwide.
News categories: CopperGate Communications, HomePNA, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Widevine® to Announce Managed Network Deployment for PCTV at IBC 2007
Aug 29, 2007 – Widevine Technologies will speak on multiplatform, multiformat copy protection and demonstrate solutions to enable secure delivery of multimedia content to telco, cable, mobile and internet service providers at IBC 2007.
News categories: Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, IBC, Watermarking
Sonaecom Selects CopperGate HomePNA 3 Home Networking
May 4, 2007 – CopperGate Communications has announced that Sonaecom has selected CopperGate’s CopperStream technology for Sonaecom’s fast growing Clix SmarTV IPTV service. More …
News categories: Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
- Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
- Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development