Digital TV News: Sonic Solutions
Cineplex Entertainment Launches Digital Download Service via Cineplex.com
Nov 18, 2010 – Cineplex Entertainment (TSX:CGX.UN) has announced that movies can be digitally downloaded into Canadian homes with Download To Own (DTO) and Video on Demand (VoD) services now available at the Cineplex online store.
News categories: Cineplex, Sonic Solutions, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Canada, Content Protection, DRM, OTT
DivX Expands Presence in China through Partnership with Konka
Nov 4, 2010 – DivX (Nasdaq: SNIC) and Konka (SHE: 200016.SZ) have announced a new partnership in which Konka will integrate DivX® technology into its line of 2010 digital TVs (DTVs).
News categories: DivX, Konka, China, Media Player, Smart TV
Dolby Collaborates with Sonic to Bring Dolby Digital Plus to RoxioNow
Nov 3, 2010 – Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ:SNIC) and Dolby Labs. (NYSE:DLB) have announced a collaboration to deliver Dolby® Digital Plus through the RoxioNow™ entertainment platform.
News categories: Dolby, Sonic Solutions, OTT
Leading Entertainment Companies Create Registry for Movie and Television Content
Oct 27, 2010 – A new international coalition has announced the launch of the Entertainment Identifier Registry (EIDR), a non-profit global independent registry that provides a uniform approach to cataloging audio/video assets with unique identifiers (IDs).
News categories: EIDR, CNRI, International DOI Foundation, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT
DivX Announces First Digital TV Chip with DivX Plus™ HD Certification from MStar
Oct 26, 2010 – DivX® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced the DivX Plus™ HD Certification of the latest range of MStar Semiconductor digital TV chips. This is the first MStar DTV chip certified to power DivX Plus HD video based on H.264 technology and using the MKV container.
News categories: MStar Semi, DivX, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
MStar Integrates RoxioNow Into Chipset for HDTVs
Sep 14, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced that the RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform has been selected by MStar Semiconductor for inclusion in its advanced SoC solutions, which will be used in upcoming connected HDTVs.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, MStar Semi, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Sonic Solutions and Widevine Team to Expand Mobile Movie Access
Aug 5, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and Widevine have announced that they are collaborating to provide retailers the opportunity to offer movie services on a broad array of mobile devices and smart phones from a range of manufacturers.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Portable
Haier Selects Sonic for Digital Movie Delivery
Jul 13, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced that Haier has chosen the RoxioNow™ platform to provide its customers convenient, trouble-free access to a broad library of Hollywood entertainment.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Haier, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, USA
MediaTek Integrates RoxioNow Into Chipset for Blu-ray Disc Players and HDTVs
Jun 29, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced the availability of the RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform on MediaTek's (TPE: 2454) advanced Blu-ray Disc SoC solutions as well as HDTV solutions.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, MediaTek, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand