Digital TV News: Sony Computer Entertainment
PlayStation®3 System to Offer Hulu Plus™ in the U.S. in 2010
Jul 14, 2010 – Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) and Hulu have announced that the Hulu Plus preview has begun on the PlayStation3 (PS3) in the United States with the consumer release of Hulu Plus available to all PS3 owners set to occur in the coming months.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Hulu, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, USA
Sony Japan To Introduce Digital Terrestrial Tuner For PlayStation®3
Jan 14, 2010 – Sony Computer Entertainment Japan (SCEJ) has announced that it will introduce 'torne™' for PlayStation®3 (PS3®), a set of digital terrestrial tuner and application in Blu-ray™ Disc (BD) for viewing and recording digital terrestrial broadcasting.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Digital TV, Gaming, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
PCCW's 'now TV' IPTV becomes available on PlayStation®3
Dec 24, 2009 – PCCW (SEHK:0008) has announced that they are to offer a new entertainment experience by making 'now TV' available on PlayStation®3 (PS3™).
News categories: PCCW, Sony Computer Entertainment, Digital TV, Gaming, Hong Kong, IPTV
PlayStation Network Video Delivery Service for Europe Now Available for PS3 and PSP
Nov 19, 2009 – Sony (NYSE:SNE) has launched its PlayStation®Network video delivery service for Europe. Now available in France, Germany, Spain and the UK the service allows film fans to download movies straight to their PlayStation®3 (PS3™) and PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable).
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Digital TV, France, Gaming, Germany, Spain, Streaming, Tablet, UK
ABC iView plays with PlayStation®3 in Australia
Aug 19, 2009 – ABC TV and Sony Computer Entertainment Australia (SCE Aust.) are collaborating on a trial to deliver ABC iView via the PlayStation®3 (PS3) game console.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, ABC TV, Australia, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming
PlayStation 3 upgrade adds optimised BBC iPlayer
Aug 18, 2009 – Sony (SCEE) has announced that a PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system enhancement will give access to TV websites including the UK's BBC iPlayer on September 1st, followed shortly by Spanish, German, Dutch and Australian sites.
News categories: PlayStation, Australia, Gaming, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Streaming, UK
UK PlayTV™ shipments reach 85,000 in the first week
Oct 2, 2008 – New products from Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) allow customers to get Freeview via a PlayStation®3 (PS3) and via a Windows Media Center home PC. A successful trial of DVB-T2 brings HD a step closer.
News categories: Freeview, Sony Computer Entertainment, Microsoft, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
Macrovision Inks Extended Interactive Program Guide License Agreement with Sony
Aug 13, 2008 – Under the extended agreement between Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) and Sony (Tokyo:6758), an interactive program guide (IPG) will be incorporated into PlayTV™, a combined TV tuner and PVR for PLAYSTATION®3, due to be released later this year.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Macrovision, Digital TV, DVR, Europe, Gaming, Middleware, Portable
PLAYSTATION®Network's Video Delivery Service to Offer Movies and TV Shows for Purchase and TV Shows for Purchase and Rental Through PLAYSTATION®3 and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable)
Jul 15, 2008 – Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) has launched the company's new video delivery service on PLAYSTATION®Store for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems in the United States.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Digital TV, Gaming, Portable, Streaming, Tablet, USA
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV