Digital TV News: Sony Corp
4K TV market to reach $380.9 billion in 2025
Jul 11, 2017 – The global 4K TV market is expected to reach $380.9 billion by 2025, according to Grand View Research. The evolving nature of the consumer electronic industry has fueled the demand for UHD televisions in the past few years.
News categories: Grand View Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
ULDAGE begins satellite UHDTV patent pool licensing
Jul 3, 2017 – ULDAGE has announced the commencement of patent licensing activities under the system of a patent pool that bundles and licenses the patents that are essential to the realization of the UHDTV satellite broadcasting standards.
News categories: ULDAGE, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Worldwide
USITC to investigate STBs after Sony patent claim
Apr 12, 2017 – The U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) is to institute an investigation of certain digital cable and satellite products, including STBs, supplied to Comcast and DIRECTV that allegedly infringe patents asserted by Sony.
News categories: USITC, Cable TV, Digital TV, Patent, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
HTC takes VR lead in China, the world’s second largest market
Feb 16, 2017 – The virtual reality industry got off to a strong start in China, with around 300,000 VR headsets shipping in 2016, making it the world’s second largest market with a share of around 15%. HTC took the top spot.
News categories: Canalys, Jason Low, China, Digital TV, Market Research, VR
Sony commercializes industry's first ISDB-S3 demodulator IC and NIM
Jul 27, 2016 – Sony has announced the commercialization of the industry's first demodulator LSI and tuner modules that conform to the ISDB-S3 (Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting for Satellite, 3rd generation) standard for 4K and 8K satellite digital broadcasts.
News categories: Sony Corp, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor
Media ownership: towards pan-European groups?
Jul 4, 2016 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on pan-European media groups. The report outlines some of the key players, their geographical footprint, their position in a range of markets, and their most recent strategies regarding expansion, acquisition and vertical integration.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, EU, Europe, Market Research
Samsung leads U.S. 4K TV market
Dec 2, 2015 – Parks Associates research has found that in teh U.S. up to mid-2015, more Samsung 4K TV sets were sold than any other brand. Samsung accounted for 28% of 4K TV purchases made within the last 12 months to U.S. broadband households.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Leading TV brands now more reliant on Chinese manufacturers
Jun 22, 2015 – TVs made by outsourcing specialists are expected to reach an industry record of 43 percent of LCD TVs shipped globally in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Outsourcing manufacturing has become one of the most important business strategies for TV brands.
News categories: IHS Inc, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
SES, Harmonic, Sony, Telvue, Pacsat and Superior show Ultra HD delivery to cable
Apr 13, 2015 – SES (Paris; LuxX: SESG) has announced that it has partnered with broadcast and television technology innovators to create a full end-to-end Ultra HD transmission system to a cable system at the 2015 NAB Show.
News categories: SES S.A, Harmonic, Sony, Steve Corda, Jeremy Rosenberg, Ali E. Amoli, Cable TV, Content Distribution, NABShow, USA
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues