Digital TV News: Spark
Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
Jun 7, 2023 – Taiwan Mobile is using Broadpeak's Origin Packager for live multiscreen video delivery across Asia. The Origin Packager enables Taiwan Mobile to package and protect ABR content delivered to mobile devices.
News categories: Broadpeak, Taiwan Mobile, Jacques Le Mancq, Asia, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Taiwan
Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
May 23, 2023 – Astro has added WeTV, a streaming service from Tencent, to its Ultra Box. Astro customers can access the entertainment content by adding WeTV VIP to their Astro subscription.
News categories: Astro, WeTV, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box
Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
Nov 16, 2022 – Redge Media CDN has joined the EPIX traffic exchange node belonging to the MiŚOT Group. Thanks to the cooperation, EPIX participants and their clients have direct access to content distributed by Redge Media CDN.
News categories: Redge Media, EPIX, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
Disney+ powers growth in New Zealand’s subscription TV viewership
Aug 29, 2022 – Data from Roy Morgan shows that total viewership of Subscription TV in New Zealand has increased 3.4% from a year earlier to 2,954,000, an increase of 99,000. Disney+ is the stand-out performer over the last year.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand
Starhub adds Curiosity Stream to StarHub TV+
Mar 22, 2022 – StarHub has announced that it is the first entertainment service provider in Southeast Asia to offer its customers access to Curiosity’s streaming service, Curiosity Stream. Curiosity Stream app is the tenth OTT service on StarHub TV+.
News categories: Starhub, Curiosity Stream, Andrew Tan, Bakori Davis, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore, Streaming
Amagi to provide content aggregation and playout for Spark Sport 1
Mar 5, 2022 – Amagi as partnered with Spark Sport, a New Zealand-based sports streaming service, to provide content aggregation and playout services for their OTT linear channel, Spark Sport 1. Spark Sport offers live and on-demand sports content.
News categories: Amagi, Spark Sport, Srinivasan KA, Matt Orange, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
VNTA deploys R&S AI-based TV compliance test automation system in Vietnam
May 6, 2020 – Rohde & Schwarz has installed an AI-based RF test system for digital TV compliance test at the Vietnam Telecommunications Authority. The system enables test labs and TV/STB manufacturers to conduct compliance tests in a more cost-effective manner.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, VNTA, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Sky New Zealand completes purchase of Lightbox
Feb 3, 2020 – Sky has confirmed that it has completed the purchase of entertainment streaming service Lightbox from Spark. The deal enables Sky to merge Lightbox with its own Neon service, creating a super-charged service for New Zealand customers.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Sophie Moloney, Digital TV, MandA, New Zealand, Streaming
Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
Nov 12, 2019 – Disney+, from The Walt Disney Company, is now live in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, bringing together for the first time a lineup of content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and more.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Robert A. Iger, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming, USA
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029