Digital TV News: Spreadtrum
Global Businesses Select ARM Mali GPU Technology across All Smart Devices
Feb 25, 2013 – ARM (LSE:ARM; Nasdaq:ARMH) has revealed that it has 75 licenses of its ARM® Mali GPU family of products across the smartphone, tablet and graphic-enabled Digital TV (DTV) markets.
News categories: ARM, MWC20, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Spreadtrum Announces $44 Million of New Financing
May 5, 2009 – Spreadtrum Communications (NASDAQ: SPRD) has announced that its Chinese subsidiary, Spreadtrum Communications (Shanghai) has received RMB 300 million (approximately $44 million) of new financing from a Chinese bank in the form of a fixed term loan.
News categories: Spreadtrum, China, Finance, Mobile, Semiconductor
Mirics and Spreadtrum announce availability of embedded CMMB PCTV solution
Apr 7, 2009 – Mirics and Spreadtrum (Nasdaq: SPRD) have announced the availability of an embedded PCTV solution that supports the CMMB mobile digital TV standard. Mirics will demonstrate the solution at the Intel Developers Forum in Beijing on April 8, 2009.
News categories: Mirics, Spreadtrum, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Mirics and Spreadtrum Announce Strategic Partnership to Deliver Innovative CMMB Solutions for PCTV Applications
Dec 2, 2008 – Mirics Semiconductor and Spreadtrum Communications (Nasdaq: SPRD) have announced a strategic partnership focused upon delivering embedded TV solutions for portable PCs that support the China Multimedia Mobile Broadcasting (CMMB) standard.
News categories: Mirics, Spreadtrum, China, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Lenovo to supply CMMB-enabled TD-SCDMA phones to China Mobile
Jul 31, 2008 – Lenovo Mobile (Hong Kong: 0992) and Spreadtrum Communications (NASDAQ: SPRD) have jointly presented Lenovo's TD900 to China Mobile (Hong Kong: 0941; NYSE: CHL). The TD900's design is based on Spreadtrum's TD-SCDMA plus CMMB mobile-TV solution.
News categories: Spreadtrum, Lenovo Mobile, China Mobile, China, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor
Spreadtrum Announces SC6600V: First Single-Chip Demodulator/Decoder for CMMB-Based Mobile TV
May 7, 2008 – Spreadtrum Communications (NASDAQ: SPRD) plans to announce its new mobile TV single chip solution, the SC6600V, the first demodulator/decoder chip for CMMB-based mobile TV during the 'Asia Future TV 2008' conference.
News categories: Spreadtrum, China, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, Tablet
CEVA Leads the Way at Mobile World Congress 2008 With Industry Leading Portfolio of Mobile Intellectual Property
Jan 24, 2008 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA)(LSE: CVA) has announced that it will showcase its leadership in Mobile intellectual property through a range of new and innovative demonstration platforms at Mobile World Congress 2008 in Barcelona.
News categories: CEVA, MWC20, Silicon IP
Spreadtrum Announces First Commercial AVS Audio/Video Decoder Chip
Aug 27, 2007 – Spreadtrum Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPRD), one of China's leading wireless baseband chipset providers, has announced its new SV6111 product, the world's first commercial AVS audio/video decoder chip.
News categories: China, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation