Digital TV News: Sprint
MaxLinear Tuners Used for ATSC-M/H Mobile TV Field Trials
Aug 31, 2010 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL111SF ICs are being used in mobile devices from Dell Inc. and Hauppauge Computer Works that were developed for the ATSC-M/H field trials now ongoing in Washington, D.C.
News categories: MaxLinear, Dell Inc, Hauppauge, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, USA
Mobile DTV Consumer Showcase Launched in U.S. Capital
May 24, 2010 – Marking the launch of the Washington, D.C. Mobile Digital Television Consumer Showcase, lawmakers and regulators joined broadcasters and technology companies to see and hear the latest in Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
May 3 Launch for Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Washington, D.C.
Apr 12, 2010 – Viewers will be able to watch local digital TV broadcasts on a variety of mobile devices, including cell phones, netbooks, portable media players, and a unique adapter that can send Mobile DTV to laptops, iPhones, and iPads.
News categories: OMVC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
Samsung Moment™ Mobile Phone to Demonstrate Mobile Digital TV at International CES 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – Sprint (NYSE: S) and Samsung have announced that Samsung Moment™ will display a mobile phone demonstration of the North American mobile digital TV broadcasting standard during International CES 2010 in Las Vegas on January 7 - 10, 2010.
News categories: Samsung, Sprint, CES2023, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
Open Mobile Video Coalition Launching Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Q1 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – A real-world showcase to gauge consumer interest in Mobile Digital Television will begin in the Washington, D.C. area in the first quarter of 2010, with eight local area television stations transmitting to hundreds of mobile devices.
News categories: OMVC, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Portable, USA
Microsoft Mediaroom First to Bring Virtualization to IPTV
May 27, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) has launched Microsoft Mediaroom with virtualization, making Mediaroom the first IPTV platform to offer virtualization support. Virtualization can deliver up to a sixfold reduction in the number of physical servers required.
News categories: Microsoft, Reservation Telephone Cooperative, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Royce Aslakson, Vince Vittore, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
MRG IPTV Report Mixes Continued Growth with Volatility
Apr 13, 2009 – MRG has announced new leaders in the Global IPTV Market Leaders Report - March 2009. Continuing growth of subscribers is reflected by increased deployments of IPTV products in Europe, Asia, Rest of World, and especially in North America.
News categories: MRG, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
MobiTV Surpasses Five Million Subscribers
Dec 3, 2008 – MobiTV has announced that its managed network for mobile television and radio has surpassed the five million subscriber mark. Available across 20 carrier networks, MobiTV continues to shape the mobile TV market it introduced more than five years ago.
News categories: MobiTV, Digital TV, Mobile, Subscribers, USA
With UMB Left Behind, LTE and WiMAX Battle for 4G Supremacy
Oct 22, 2008 – In 2008, the road to wireless 4G cleared a bit, with ultra-mobile broadband (UMB) left publicly by the roadside, narrowing the path to two technologies: LTE and WiMAX, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, 5G, Broadband, Market Research, Mobile
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools