Digital TV News: Stingray
Stingray signs FAST Channels distribution agreement with TCL FALCON
Apr 20, 2022 – Stingray (TSX: RAY. A; RAY. B) has announced that it has reached an agreement for the distribution of a suite of free ad-supported channels (FAST channels) to TCL smart TVs in Australia, Brazil, India, Mexico and the United States.
News categories: Stingray, TCL FALCON, Manfred Orth, Rebecca Wan, Australia, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Mexico, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
Jan 27, 2022 – ZEASN has announced that streaming service Claro video is now available on multiple ZEASN-supported smart TV brands, including AOC's Whale OS powered connected televisions, increasing the presence of Claro video on TV screens in Latin America.
News categories: ZEASN, Claro video, Thomas Li, Apps, Digital TV, Latin America, Smart TV, Streaming
Struum launches live preview on Firstlight Media OTT platform
May 26, 2021 – Firstlight Media's cloud-native platform is being used to support the simultaneous launch on Struum of the first wave of more than 50 content providers and the first implementation of a credits-based subscription model in the OTT industry.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Struum, Juan Martin, Eugene Liew, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
XUMO renews streaming service deal with LG for USA and Canada
Oct 23, 2019 – XUMO has announced that it has renewed its enterprise relationship with LG to continue powering the Channel Plus service for LG smart TVs. The service has been rebranded LG Channels for 2019 LG webOS smart TVs in the U.S., Canada and internationally.
News categories: XUMO, LG Electronics, Colin Petrie-Norris, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Roku rolls-out Premium Subscriptions
Jan 28, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that has begun rolling out Premium Subscriptions on The Roku Channel. All supported devices are expected to receive the update in the coming weeks, beginning with Roku players and concluding with Roku TV models.
News categories: Roku, Rob Holmes, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
MOBITV acquires streaming delivery rights from another 90 networks
Sep 20, 2018 – MOBITV has announcesd that it has secured hosted streaming delivery rights from another 90 networks including Bloomberg Television, Discovery, MGM HD, Newsmax, Outside TV, Smithsonian Channel, Stingray Music, Univision, and others, bringing its total to more than 350 networks.
News categories: MOBITV, Charlie Nooney, Scott Levine, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
TELUS adds Netflix 4K to Optik TV
Nov 7, 2016 – TELUS (TSX:T)(NYSE:TU) customers can now access some of the biggest and most buzzed-about new shows in stunning 4K with the launch of the Netflix app on Optik TV 4K set-top boxes.
News categories: TELUS, Netflix, Blair Miller, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
TELUS first to launch 4K TV in Western Canada
Jul 19, 2016 – British Columbians and Albertans can now experience ultra-high-definition television with the launch of 4K on Optik TV. TELUS is the first and currently, the only carrier in Western Canada to offer 4K programming.
News categories: TELUS, Wade Domries, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV
GS Group releases first Russian 4K Ultra HD set-top box
Feb 1, 2016 – GS Group has announced its GS A230, the first Russian digital TV set-top box to support Ultra HD (4K) broadcasting. The new model, under the General Satellite brand, means that 4K video content can now be viewed on modern Ultra HD TV-sets.
News categories: GS Group, Andrew Bezrukov, CSTB, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK