Digital TV News: Strategy & Technology (S&T)
ETSI Adds Hybrid TV Interaction Channel In MHEG Middleware Update
May 5, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that ETSI has published the latest version of the market-leading public standard interactive TV middleware as a formal European standard.
News categories: IMPALA, MHEG-5, Middleware
Freeview NZ Adopts MHEG Interaction Channel For Hybrid Services
Feb 25, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that Freeview NZ has adopted the MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC) from the D-book 6.1 as part of an upgrade to its MHEG Country Profile that will allow hybrid services to be provided.
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview NZ, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
IMPALA welcomes beta release of MHEG Interaction Channel by Freesat
Dec 7, 2009 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, today welcomes the news of the beta release of the world"Ÿs first deployment of hybrid broadcast broadband MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC) by UK free-to-air satellite platform Freesat.
News categories: IMPALA, Freesat, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
TechniSat MultyText® for interactive digital television
Sep 4, 2009 – TechniSat, in cooperation with the German Weather Service and Strategy & Technology (S&T) presented the TechniSat Germany & Regional weather service - the first MHEG-5 application in Germany - at this year's IFA show in Berlin.
News categories: TechniSat, S&T, Digital TV, Germany, IFA, MHEG-5, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Broadcom integrates S&T MHEG technology into STB and digital TV platforms
Sep 2, 2009 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) has announced that it has licensed its RedKey™ 2 MHEG solution to Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) for the delivery of an interactive home entertainment experience in emerging HD DTT markets worldwide.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, Broadcom, Digital TV, IBC2022, MHEG-5, Middleware, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Collaboration Brings VoD to Standard TV Receivers without Set-Top Boxes
Mar 12, 2009 – TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC), Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE), Neotion and S&T have combined their expertise to deliver a VoD solution that enables cable operators to deliver services and adverts direct to the TV, without a set-top box (STB).
News categories: Neotion, Sony, TANDBERG Television, S&T, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
IMPALA welcomes inclusion of MHEG-5 in South Africa DTT trial
Feb 2, 2009 – The International MHEG Promotion Alliance (IMPALA) has confirmed that MHEG-5 is included as part of the recently started DTT trial in South Africa. The DTT trial, which began in November, is designed to test a variety of technical factors.
News categories: IMPALA, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
Boxer MHEG Announcement Welcomed by IMPALA
Sep 29, 2008 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has welcomed the recent announcement by Sweden-based pay-TV group Boxer that it has selected MHEG-5 as the interactive middleware to be included in all products marketed to receive its TV packages.
News categories: Boxer, IMPALA, Denmark, Digital TV, Ireland, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
Freeview|HD Launches in New Zealand with S&T MHEG-5 Technology
Apr 14, 2008 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) has extended its relationship with Freeview New Zealand. S&T's MHEG-5 interactive playout technology has been exclusively deployed for the launch of the new DTT/HD version of the service Freeview|HD™.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, Freeview, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden