Digital TV News: Suddenlink
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 71,000 in 4Q 2021
Feb 16, 2022 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2021. Altice finished with 2,732,300 residential video RGUs, down 71,000 in the quarter, compared to a loss of 74,000 in Q4 2020.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Results, Subscribers, USA
ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
Oct 18, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) and Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) have made a deal for the continued distribution of ViacomCBS' broadcast, entertainment, news and sports networks to Altice's Optimum and Suddenlink customers.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Altice USA, Ray Hopkins, Yossi Benchetrit, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
Jul 19, 2021 – Altice USA has unveiled Optimum Stream and Suddenlink Stream, a 4K streaming device powered by Android TV. The box, available to its broadband-only customers, is free with 1-Gig plans. Otherwise it costs $5 per month.
News categories: Altice USA, Hakim Boubazine, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Altice USA makes offer for Cogeco to get hold of Atlantic Broadband
Sep 2, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has presented an offer to acquire Cogeco. Altice USA plans to sell Cogeco's Canadian assets to Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A and RCI.B, NYSE: RCI) so as to be left with ownership of Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: Altice USA, Cogeco, Rogers Communications, Atlantic Broadband, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, USA
HBO Max launched in the U.S.
May 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia’s streaming platform, HBO Max, has officially launched. The launch is the culmination of efforts to bring the best of WarnerMedia together to launch the new offering, following AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, Streaming, USA
Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
Feb 26, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has launched Altice One on Apple TV, delivering the entertainment experience on the Apple TV 4K. Also, new and existing Altice One customers can receive Apple TV 4K as part of their monthly subscription plan.
News categories: Altice USA, Apple, Hakim Boubazine, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
Sep 16, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced plans to launch Amazon Prime Video on the Altice One entertainment and connectivity platform, providing access to the entire Prime Video catalog, for Altice’s Optimum and Suddenlink customers.
News categories: Altice USA, Prime Video, Hakim Boubazine, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Altice USA smart speaker offers hands-free Altice One voice control
Aug 7, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has unveiled its Altice Amplify home speaker. The device features Devialet's sound technologies and has Amazon Alexa Built-In. Altice Amplify also offers hands-free voice control of the Altice One entertainment and connectivity platform.
News categories: Altice USA, Devialet, Hakim Boubazine, Franck Lebouchard, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK