Digital TV News: Suddenlink
ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
Oct 18, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) and Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) have made a deal for the continued distribution of ViacomCBS' broadcast, entertainment, news and sports networks to Altice's Optimum and Suddenlink customers.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Altice USA, Ray Hopkins, Yossi Benchetrit, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
Jul 19, 2021 – Altice USA has unveiled Optimum Stream and Suddenlink Stream, a 4K streaming device powered by Android TV. The box, available to its broadband-only customers, is free with 1-Gig plans. Otherwise it costs $5 per month.
News categories: Altice USA, Hakim Boubazine, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Altice USA makes offer for Cogeco to get hold of Atlantic Broadband
Sep 2, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has presented an offer to acquire Cogeco. Altice USA plans to sell Cogeco's Canadian assets to Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A and RCI.B, NYSE: RCI) so as to be left with ownership of Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: Altice USA, Cogeco, Rogers Communications, Atlantic Broadband, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, USA
HBO Max launched in the U.S.
May 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia’s streaming platform, HBO Max, has officially launched. The launch is the culmination of efforts to bring the best of WarnerMedia together to launch the new offering, following AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, Streaming, USA
Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
Feb 26, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has launched Altice One on Apple TV, delivering the entertainment experience on the Apple TV 4K. Also, new and existing Altice One customers can receive Apple TV 4K as part of their monthly subscription plan.
News categories: Altice USA, Apple, Hakim Boubazine, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
Sep 16, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced plans to launch Amazon Prime Video on the Altice One entertainment and connectivity platform, providing access to the entire Prime Video catalog, for Altice’s Optimum and Suddenlink customers.
News categories: Altice USA, Prime Video, Hakim Boubazine, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Altice USA smart speaker offers hands-free Altice One voice control
Aug 7, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has unveiled its Altice Amplify home speaker. The device features Devialet's sound technologies and has Amazon Alexa Built-In. Altice Amplify also offers hands-free voice control of the Altice One entertainment and connectivity platform.
News categories: Altice USA, Devialet, Hakim Boubazine, Franck Lebouchard, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 21k in Q2 2019
Jul 31, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2019. Altice had 3,276.5 thousand Residential Video RGUs at the end of the quarter. Quarterly net losses of -21k in the period were better than the prior year (-24k in Q2 2018).
News categories: Altice USA, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor