Digital TV News: Sumavision
NetByNet enhances viewing with streaming capabilities from VisualOn
Sep 10, 2019 – Russian telecommunications provider NetByNet is using the VisualOn Media Platform (VMP). The deployment enables NetByNet to deliver video playback on its Wifire service across all Android-enabled devices, including smartphones, smart TVs and STBs.
News categories: VisualOn, NetByNet, Yang Cai, Anastasiya Kiseleva, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, OTT, Russia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cable broadband equipment market off to mixed start in 2015
Jun 10, 2015 – As MSOs continued major upgrades to their broadband networks, cable DOCSIS channel shipments grew to 1.8 million in the first quarter of 2015, a 14 percent sequential increase, and a gain of 48 percent from the year-ago first quarter, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Market Research, Worldwide
Installed base of set-top box conditional access clients to pass 1 billion mark next year
Oct 25, 2013 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), the global installed base of conditional access (CA) clients in set-top boxes (STB) is expected to exceed 1 billion units for the first time in 2014 as growth is driven by expanding demand in emerging markets.
News categories: IHS, Daniel Simmons, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Asia-Pacific Will Be Responsible For 50% of 220 Million Unit Set-Top Box Market From 2013
Jul 5, 2012 – A jump in cable and satellite set-top box shipments in Asia-Pacific markets is being driven by cable digitization in India and China, as well as China's rollout of digital satellite boxes to its rural households, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sumavision Deploys Broadcom DOCSIS®-based EoC Cable Architecture in China
Mar 20, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Sumavision is deploying its DOCSIS-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture to Chinese cable operators. The Sumavision CC8800 products fully meet China's NGB broadband requirements.
News categories: Broadcom, Sumavision, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Gehua Cable Deploys Network Trials Based on Broadcom's Innovative DOCSIS®-Based EoC Solution
Mar 22, 2011 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its DOCSIS®-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture has been chosen by Gehua Cable to launch their network trials in Beijing.
News categories: Broadcom, Gehua Cable, Sumavision, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Semiconductor
Cable broadband equipment market down in 3Q10 after 12 months of strong growth
Nov 18, 2010 – Infonetics Research has released its third quarter (3Q10) CMTS and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report, which tracks cable modem termination systems (CMTS), edge quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) channels, and cable broadband subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers
China DTV Subscribers Reached 45.1 mln in Q4 2008
Feb 19, 2009 – Analysys International says in its recently released report China DTV Market Quarterly Tracker Q4 2008, that China DTV subscribers has reached 45.1 million in the last quarter of 2008, and representing a increase of 13.5% quarter on quarter.
News categories: Analysys International, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
Analysys International Says China DTV Subscribers Reached 30 mln in Q1 2008
Jun 25, 2008 – Analysys International says in its recently released report China DTV Market Quarterly Tracker Q1 2008, that China DTV subscribers have reached 30.04 million increasing 22% quarter-on-quarter in the first quarter of 2008.
News categories: Analysys International, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow