Digital TV News: Sumavision
NetByNet enhances viewing with streaming capabilities from VisualOn
Sep 10, 2019 – Russian telecommunications provider NetByNet is using the VisualOn Media Platform (VMP). The deployment enables NetByNet to deliver video playback on its Wifire service across all Android-enabled devices, including smartphones, smart TVs and STBs.
News categories: VisualOn, NetByNet, Yang Cai, Anastasiya Kiseleva, Digital TV, IBC2021, Media Player, Russia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Cable broadband equipment market off to mixed start in 2015
Jun 10, 2015 – As MSOs continued major upgrades to their broadband networks, cable DOCSIS channel shipments grew to 1.8 million in the first quarter of 2015, a 14 percent sequential increase, and a gain of 48 percent from the year-ago first quarter, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Market Research, Worldwide
Installed base of set-top box conditional access clients to pass 1 billion mark next year
Oct 25, 2013 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), the global installed base of conditional access (CA) clients in set-top boxes (STB) is expected to exceed 1 billion units for the first time in 2014 as growth is driven by expanding demand in emerging markets.
News categories: IHS, Daniel Simmons, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Asia-Pacific Will Be Responsible For 50% of 220 Million Unit Set-Top Box Market From 2013
Jul 5, 2012 – A jump in cable and satellite set-top box shipments in Asia-Pacific markets is being driven by cable digitization in India and China, as well as China's rollout of digital satellite boxes to its rural households, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sumavision Deploys Broadcom DOCSIS®-based EoC Cable Architecture in China
Mar 20, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Sumavision is deploying its DOCSIS-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture to Chinese cable operators. The Sumavision CC8800 products fully meet China's NGB broadband requirements.
News categories: Broadcom, Sumavision, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Gehua Cable Deploys Network Trials Based on Broadcom's Innovative DOCSIS®-Based EoC Solution
Mar 22, 2011 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its DOCSIS®-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture has been chosen by Gehua Cable to launch their network trials in Beijing.
News categories: Broadcom, Gehua Cable, Sumavision, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Semiconductor
Cable broadband equipment market down in 3Q10 after 12 months of strong growth
Nov 18, 2010 – Infonetics Research has released its third quarter (3Q10) CMTS and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report, which tracks cable modem termination systems (CMTS), edge quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) channels, and cable broadband subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers
China DTV Subscribers Reached 45.1 mln in Q4 2008
Feb 19, 2009 – Analysys International says in its recently released report China DTV Market Quarterly Tracker Q4 2008, that China DTV subscribers has reached 45.1 million in the last quarter of 2008, and representing a increase of 13.5% quarter on quarter.
News categories: Analysys International, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
Analysys International Says China DTV Subscribers Reached 30 mln in Q1 2008
Jun 25, 2008 – Analysys International says in its recently released report China DTV Market Quarterly Tracker Q1 2008, that China DTV subscribers have reached 30.04 million increasing 22% quarter-on-quarter in the first quarter of 2008.
News categories: Analysys International, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius