Digital TV News: Sumitomo
Home network market up as new devices create 'digital homes' and allow media sharing
Apr 7, 2011 – Infonetics Research has released its new quarterly Home Networking Devices market forecast report. Pace (LSE: PIC), which recently acquired 2Wire, now leads the residential gateway market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Market Research, Router, Smart Home
Netflix, Hulu drive big jump in OTT media server market; set-top box demand is up
Apr 1, 2011 – Infonetics Research has released its 4Q10 Cable, Satellite, IPTV, and OTT Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers market share and forecast report. Worldwide set-top box (STB) sales dipped 1% in 4Q10, with cable STBs seeing the biggest sequential decline.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Subscribers
Pay-TV operators pause investments as subscribers slow, competition accelerates
Jun 29, 2010 – Infonetics Research has published 3 video-related market research reports: 2 1Q10 market share and forecast reports, Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers, and Video Infrastructure and Subscribers; and its new IPTV Services Deployment Strategies Survey.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Content Distribution, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box
J:COM and KDDI to co-operate on STB development
Jun 10, 2010 – J:COM (JASDAQ: 4817), Sumitomo (Tokyo:8053) and KDDI (Tokyo:9433) have agreed an alliance between the three companies. As part of the agreement J:COM and KDDI will develop pilot set-top boxes based on the Android™ operating system.
News categories: KDDI, J:COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Set Top Box
2009 worldwide STB revenue down 5% from 2008
Apr 8, 2010 – Infonetics Research has released the fourth quarter (4Q09) editions of two video-related market share and forecast reports: Video Infrastructure and Subscribers and Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Liberty Global to Sell J:COM Interest to KDDI
Jan 24, 2010 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that it has reached an agreement to sell the subsidiaries that hold its 37.8% ownership interest in Jupiter Telecommunications Co., Ltd. (J:COM) to KDDI Corporation.
News categories: Liberty Global, J:COM, KDDI, Cable TV, Japan, MandA
IPTV and video equipment and service markets hampered by slowing subscriber growth
Jan 5, 2010 – Market research firm Infonetics Research has published three video-related market share and forecast reports: 'Video Infrastructure and Subscribers', 'Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers', and 'Video Services and Subscribers'.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Subscribers
IPTV and cable video equipment up 15% in 2Q09
Sep 17, 2009 – Market research firm Infonetics Research released its second quarter (2Q09) IPTV, Cable, and Satellite Video Equipment, Services, and Subscribers report.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Video on-demand server revenue tripling by 2013
Jul 8, 2009 – According to Infonetics Research, the number of IPTV subscribers doubled in 2008 to 26 million worldwide, and is expected to surge to 155 million by 2013. IP set-top box vendor revenue is forecast to grow at 14% annually between 2008 and 2013.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform