Digital TV News: Synopsys
Synopsys, Realtek and UMC collaborate on Ultra HD Smart TV SoC
Feb 12, 2014 – Synopsys (Nasdaq: SNPS), Realtek (TWSE: 2379.TW) and UMC (NYSE: UMC;TWSE: 2303) have announced that their collaboration has resulted in first-pass silicon success of Realtek's RTD2995 UHD Smart TV Controller SoC implemented in UMC's 40LP process.
News categories: Synopsys, Realtek, UMC, Jessy Chen, Steve Wang, John Koeter, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
Dec 10, 2013 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced results for its third quarter, ending October 31, 2013. ViXS reported Q3FY14 revenue of $7.9 million, gross margin of 47.5%, total comprehensive loss of $4.6 million, and non-IFRS net loss of $4.2 million.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Results, Semiconductor
Global System-On-a-Chip Market to Reach US$48.8 Billion by 2017
Apr 12, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the System-On-a-Chip (SoC) market. The market for SoCs is projected to reach US$48.8 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Semiconductor
NICTA develops a world first in semiconductor technology for the wireless home and office of the future
Feb 22, 2008 – The world's first transceiver integrated on a CMOS single chip operating at 60GHz was announced by NICTA, Australia's ICT Research Centre of Excellence. The development will enable the truly wireless office and home of the future.
News categories: NICTA, Australia, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Synopsys and SMIC Jointly Address China Mobile TV Market with Low Power Design Solution
Aug 29, 2007 – Synopsys (Nasdaq: SNPS) and Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation ("SMIC", NYSE: SMI and SEHK: 0981) have jointly announced at IC China 2007 a strategic alliance to develop a low power design solution optimized for the mobile TV market in China, while also providing key IP components.
News categories: China, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020