Digital TV News: T-Home
Magyar Telekom extends AMOS-3 DTH agreement with Spacecom
Jul 5, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that T-Home DTH has signed an extension contract with Spacecom. T-Home DTH broadcasts over 160 channels to Hungary, including over 30 in HD, via the AMOS fleet at the 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, Magyar Telekom, Oren Tepper, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, Satellite
250,000 interactive TV subscribers for Magyar Telekom
Apr 3, 2012 – Following a dramatic increase in the past period, the number of T-Home Hungary (Reuters: MTEL.BU and Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) customers subscribing to interactive TV services has exceeded 250 thousand.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Hungary, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Magyar Telekom launches hybrid satellite TV service
Nov 23, 2011 – T-Home Hungary has announced that, starting on December 1, 2011, the company will introduce a satellite TV package, under the name of Interactive Sat TV, offering additional interactive services over broadband.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, T-Home, Digital TV, Gateway, Hungary, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Magyar Telekom Sat TV up 35k and IPTV up 14k in 4Q09
Feb 25, 2010 – Magyar Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has reported results for 2009. The total number of TV customers at the end of 2009 was 630,000, up by 174,000 from a year earlier and up 46,000 in the quarter.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Subscribers
Eastern Europe Satellite Pay TV Launch Frenzy Continues
Nov 13, 2009 – The latest analysis from Screen Digest focused on the Central and Eastern European pay-TV market shows that the recent rapid growth in new satellite TV market entrants in Central and Eastern Europe shows no signs of slowing down.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Macedonia, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Slovakia, Ukraine
Magyar Telekom Sat TV up 34k and IPTV up 9k in 3Q09
Nov 5, 2009 – Magyar Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has reported results for the first nine months of 2009. The total number of TV customers was 584,000 at the end of September with growth mostly driven by satellite. Demand for IPTV also strengthened.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Deutsche Telekom offers HD-compatible 320GB PVR
Oct 9, 2009 – The new MR 301 HD-compatible hard-disk recorder from Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE, NYSE: DT) has been available since the beginning of October. The receiver has a 320-GB hard disk with space for up to 190 hours of programs.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, T-Home, DVR, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Deutsche Telekom Entertain IPTV passes 800,000 marketed packages
Sep 4, 2009 – The Entertain IPTV offering from Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) is about to break into the mass market with over 800,000 marketed packages. The Group has a target of marketing one million Entertain packages by the end of the year.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, DVR, Germany, IFA, IPTV, Middleware, Subscribers
More than one million households have digital pay TV in Hungary
Aug 12, 2009 – According to Hungary's National Communications Authority (NHH), at the end of June more than one million households in the country had digital pay TV out of a total of nearly 3 million pay TV households.
News categories: NHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution