Digital TV News: TANDBERG
ITU gives first-stage approval to H.265 video coding standard
Jan 25, 2013 – The International Telecommunication Union has announced that its ITU-T Study Group 16 has agreed first-stage approval to Recommendation ITU-T H.265 or ISO/IEC 23008-2, known informally as 'High Efficiency Video Coding' (HEVC).
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV
Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire NDS
Mar 15, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced its intent to acquire NDS. The acquisition will complement and accelerate the delivery of Videoscape™, Cisco's platform that enables service providers and media companies to deliver next-generation entertainment experiences.
News categories: Cisco Systems, NDS Group, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Net Insight receives order for Digital Terrestrial TV network in Poland
Jul 16, 2010 – Net Insight (STO: NETI B) has received a significant order to build the new nationwide media network for Emitel in Poland. Net Insight won this order in partnership with Ericsson Poland (NASDAQ:ERIC).
News categories: Net Insight, Ericsson, Emitel, Telewizja Polska, Content Distribution, Poland, Terrestrial
Pay-TV operators pause investments as subscribers slow, competition accelerates
Jun 29, 2010 – Infonetics Research has published 3 video-related market research reports: 2 1Q10 market share and forecast reports, Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers, and Video Infrastructure and Subscribers; and its new IPTV Services Deployment Strategies Survey.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Content Distribution, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box
2009 worldwide STB revenue down 5% from 2008
Apr 8, 2010 – Infonetics Research has released the fourth quarter (4Q09) editions of two video-related market share and forecast reports: Video Infrastructure and Subscribers and Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
IPTV and video equipment and service markets hampered by slowing subscriber growth
Jan 5, 2010 – Market research firm Infonetics Research has published three video-related market share and forecast reports: 'Video Infrastructure and Subscribers', 'Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers', and 'Video Services and Subscribers'.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
IPTV and cable video equipment up 15% in 2Q09
Sep 17, 2009 – Market research firm Infonetics Research released its second quarter (2Q09) IPTV, Cable, and Satellite Video Equipment, Services, and Subscribers report.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Market Ready For Launch Of DVB-T2 Services
Sep 11, 2009 – The launch of DVB-T2 HD services is on schedule to take place later this year in the United Kingdom, with further launches expected in several other European countries including Finland and Serbia.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland, IBC, Semiconductor, Serbia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
S&T prepares broadcasters for next-generation interactive TV at IBC
Sep 4, 2009 – Strategy & Technology is launching the MHEG Presenter 2 product suite at IBC, which builds on the existing support for digital teletext and other information services with new modules for Video on Demand (VoD) support.
News categories: S&T, IBC, MHEG-5, Middleware
- Global pay TV revenues to drop by $30 billion
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
- Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
- Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th