Digital TV News: TCL Corp
Rovi and Jiuzhou Collaborate to Integrate DivX® HD in Set-Top Box
Nov 14, 2011 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced the signing of a new multi-year licensing agreement for DivX® technology with Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric Co., one of the largest set-top box (STB) manufacturers in China.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric, Digital TV, Media Player, Set Top Box, Streaming
'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative' Adds Support from Four Global TV Manufacturers
Aug 30, 2011 – Panasonic, Samsung, Sony and XPAND 3D have announced that Royal Philips Electronics, Sharp Corporation, TCL Corporation and Toshiba Corporation have expressed support for the activities of the 'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative'.
News categories: Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative, Metaverse, Smart TV
TCL to Adopt DiiVA Across Smart TV Product Lineup
Dec 1, 2010 – The Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio™ (DiiVA™) consortium has announced that TCL has decided to broadly deploy DiiVA technology across its 2011 smart TV product lineup for the Chinese TV market and beyond.
News categories: DiiVA, TCL Corp, CES2023, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV
TCL to launch TVs with integrated CANALPLAY VOD
Nov 4, 2009 – Le Groupe Canal+ (Paris:VIV) and TCL (Shenzhen:000100) have announced an agreement to launch televisions from Thomson with built-in direct access to CANALPLAY video-on-demand.
News categories: TCL Corp, CANAL+, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
TCL to Demonstrate AMIMON-Based Wireless HDTVs at IFA
Sep 2, 2009 – AMIMON has announced that Chinese consumer electronics giant TCL will be demonstrating a wireless TV based on AMIMON's WHDI technology at the IFA Consumer Electronics tradeshow in Berlin, September 4 - 9, 2009.
News categories: AMIMON, TCL Corp, IFA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
TCL and Intel Sign Strategic Cooperation Agreement to Develop Next Generation Internet TV
Dec 9, 2008 – Intel China (NASDAQ:INTC) and TCL Multimedia (ShenZhen:000100) have announced that they will co-develop Internet TV and jointly promote the integration of Internet and TV to bring a more comprehensive television experience to Chinese consumers.
News categories: Intel Corp, TCL Corp, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
Legend Silicon and TCL Jointly Promote iDTV With High-Definition Experience for Olympic Fans in Beijing
Aug 26, 2008 – Legend Silicon has announced that it joined forces with TCL (Shenzhen:000100) to demonstrate integrated digital television (iDTV) technology in Beijing during the 2008 Olympic Games.
News categories: Legend Silicon, TCL Corp, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DIVA Consortium Unveils a New Interface Standard for Next-Generation Interactive Digital TV and CE Networking
May 21, 2008 – At the China Digital Living Forum & Showcase 2008, the China Video Industry Association (CVIA) announced its support of the DIVA Consortium's efforts to create a new interface for next-generation interactive digital TV and CE networking.
News categories: DIVA Consortium, China, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV
Top Chinese Consumer Electronics (CE) Companies Join Forces to Build Next-Generation Digital Communications Interface
Apr 29, 2008 – A group of Chinese companies has announced the formation of a consortium whose mission is to build and drive the adoption of the next-generation interactive TV and home CE networking interface known as DIVA, or Digital Interface for Video and Audio.
News categories: CVIA, China, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden