Digital TV News: TDS
U.S. cable and telco broadband subscribers up 1,165,000 in 1Q 2020
May 13, 2020 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest cable and telephone providers in the U.S. acquired about 1,165,000 net additional broadband subscribers in 1Q 2020, compared to a gain of about 955,000 in 1Q 2019.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Broadband, COVID-19, Market Research, USA
ARRIS and TDS Telecom to deploy Android TV STB
Jul 29, 2019 – ARRIS and TDS Telecom have announced plans to deploy an Android TV set-top for the TDS Cloud TV Platform called TDS TV+. TDS plans to launch the cloud-based, IP video delivered solution later this year, beginning in its cable footprint in central Oregon.
News categories: ARRIS, TDS Telecom, Larry Robinson, Ken Paker, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
TDS signs Elevate SaaS agreement with Espial
Oct 3, 2018 – Espial has announced that TDS has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate Cloud video platform. With Elevate, TDS cable video customers will continue to get an immersive experience and easy access to OTT services, including Netflix and YouTube.
News categories: Espial, TDS, Matt James, Julie Maiers, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
TDS Telecom Selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Jul 17, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and TDS Telecom (TDS) have announced that TDS has chosen TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform to bring entertainment to TDS’ customers. TDS will roll out the TiVo-powered video solution in both cable and wireline service areas.
News categories: TiVo Inc, TDS Telecom, Nokia, Michael Hawkey, Julie Maiers, Scott Cohen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, UX
TDS Telecom launches companion app and updates UI
Dec 29, 2016 – A new, free TDS TV Companion App from TDS Telecom, turns smartphones and tablets into personal TV remote controls. The new functionality comes as part of a user interface upgrade, which also brings an updated look and feel to the TDS TV on-screen menus.
News categories: TDS Telecom, Shane West, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
TDS selects ARRIS MOXI Whole Home solution
Oct 12, 2015 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that TDS Telecommunications is currently deploying the ARRIS MOXI Whole Home Solution in 11 key markets in the southwestern U.S. to give subscribers a personalized multi-room experience for browsing and accessing their entertainment.
News categories: ARRIS Group, TDS Telecom, Bob Noonan, Shane West, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
TDS Telecom adds 4,000 TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 25, 2015 – Telephone and Data Systems (NYSE:TDS) has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2014. TDS Telecom finished the year with 23,400 IPTV subscribers, up 2,700 in the quarter. Video connections via cable ended the year at 110,400, up 1,300 in the same period.
News categories: TDS Telecom, Cable TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
SITI Cable adds 250,000 digital cable subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 5, 2015 – SITI Cable Network Limited (SCNL) (BSE: 532795, NSE: SITI CABLE EQ) has reported results for the quarter ended 31st December, 2014. The company ended the year with a digital subscriber base of 4.85 million.
News categories: SITI Cable, Cable TV, India, Results, Subscribers
TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
May 20, 2013 – TDS Telecommunications (TDS®) has announced that it has updated their TDS TV Microsoft® Mediaroom® platform to version 2.3. TDS TV customers with Mediaroom gain more than a dozen new features and options, giving them more control over their TV-watching experience.
News categories: TDS Telecom, IPTV, Middleware, USA
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free