Digital TV News: TIGO
Entel nearly quintuples DTH subscribers in 2015
Apr 24, 2016 – According to figures obtained by La Razon, the number of active subscribers to the direct-to-home satellite television service of Bolivia's Empresa Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (Entel) almost quintupled in 2015.
News categories: Entel, Bolivia, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay TV households in Central America grew faster than the rest of Latin America in 2015
Mar 17, 2016 – The region covered by Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama and the Dominican Republic reached 3.7 million pay TV subscribers at the end of 2015, according to Dataxis. Total subscribers at the end of Q4 2015 represented a growth of 13.5% compared with the same period of 2014.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Central America, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Millicom Cable RGUs up 5.9% in 2015
Feb 10, 2016 – Millicom has announced results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2015. Total revenue generating units (RGUs) increased by 143,000 from Q3 2015 to 5.39 million with the growth coming from TV offers and fixed broadband solutions.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Latin America, Results, Subscribers
Millicom releases Q3 2015 results
Oct 22, 2015 – Millicom has released its Q3 2015 results. Cable and Digital Media revenue grew strongly at 25.2%. Total Cable and Digital Media revenue generating units increased by 83,000 from Q2 2015 to 5.25 million.
News categories: Millicom, Bolivia, Cable TV, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
Millicom selects Intraway for DTH provisioning
May 6, 2015 – Intraway has announced that Millicom has selected Intraway’s satellite television (DTH) solution to support the operation of its services in Latin America, which were commercially launched during the second trimester of 2014.
News categories: Intraway, Millicom, Leandro Rzezak, Vincencio Maya, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Paraguay, Satellite
Conax provides pay TV security for Millicom's Tigo DTH in LatAm
Sep 11, 2014 – Conax (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is providing Millicom with content protection for its expanding cable and satellite Pay TV operations under the Tigo Star brand. Conax has entered a Supply Agreement with Millicom for its Tigo DTH LatAm operations.
News categories: Conax, Millicom, Luciano Marino, Rohit Mehra, Bolivia, Content Protection, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, IBC2022, Satellite
Millicom selects Eutelsat for DTH pay TV in Latin America
May 22, 2014 – Millicom has confirmed that it has selected Eutelsat Americas (formerly Satmex) [Paris; NYSE Euronext: ETL) to support its recent entry into the satellite pay-TV market in Latin America.
News categories: Eutelsat, Millicom, Martin Lewerth, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, El Salvador, Satellite
Tigo Bolivia satellite DTH launches
Apr 24, 2014 – Millicom (Stockholmsbörsen: MIC) has announced that its operation in Bolivia has launched the company’s first direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV service.
News categories: Millicom, Tigo, Hans-Holger Albrecht, Bolivia, Digital TV, Satellite
Millicom ends 2012 with 558,000 Tigo cable TV customers in Central America
Mar 6, 2013 – Millicom, which operates cable services in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua under the Tigo brand, has reported Financial and Operational Data as at December 31 2012. At the end of the year it had 558,000 cable TV RGUs.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
- Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
- NEXTGEN TV launches on four local TV stations in San Antonio
- Liveramp powers targeted addressable marketing on Eurosport
- Allegro DVT AV1 decoder IP supports 12-bit pixels and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling
- Paramount+ launches in Korea via TVING
- FreeWheel introduces linear addressable solution with AMC Networks
- Streaming captures nearly 32% of U.S. TV viewing in May
- Walmart and Roku enable e-commerce in TV ads