Digital TV News: TIM
OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
Sep 19, 2022 – Endemol France is using the OKAST Channels solution. OKAST Channels is a playout, transcoding, and ad insertion solution that allows Endemol to create, launch, distribute and monetize FAST channels in a few weeks.
News categories: OKAST, Endemol, Cédric Monnier, Jean-François Rubinstein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
Sep 19, 2022 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced the launch of HomeVista solutions, a portfolio that leverages the technologies of Android TV and RDK to simplify and accelerate the introduction of video services.
News categories: CommScope, Joe Chow, Android TV, CableTecExpo, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
Sep 15, 2022 – Nielsen's (NYSE: NLSN) monthly TV and streaming snapshot has revealed that streaming represented 35% of TV consumption in the U.S. in August. Broadcast and cable gained in August, with shares at 22.1% and 34.5%, respectively.
News categories: Nielsen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
Sep 13, 2022 – Deutsche Telekom and RTL Deutschland have broadcast live TV content via the 5G standalone network of Deutsche Telekom. The technology was used by ntv for a live interview ahead of the Digital X tech trade fair in Cologne.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, RTL Deutschland, Claudia Nemat, Stephan Schmitter, 5G, Digital TV, Germany
LG replaces legacy Smart TV ACR with own proprietary solution
Sep 15, 2022 – LG Ads Solutions has announced the rollout of its proprietary ACR technology across LG TVs globally. The rollout will replace legacy technology across Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Australia.
News categories: LG Ads, LG Electronics, Raghu Kodige, Chris Jo, Advertising, Africa, Asia, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Smart TV
Vevo using TripleLift for dynamic overlay ads
Sep 14, 2022 – Vevo has partnered with TripleLift to launch dynamic overlay ads, specifically for Vevo’s linear-programmed TV channels. Vevo’s overlay ads are delivered within contextually relevant content.
News categories: TripleLift, Vevo, Michael Shields, Natalie Gabathuler-Scully, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Half of Americans struggle to find where to watch streaming content
Sep 13, 2022 – Research conducted by OnePoll on behalf of Plex reveals that the average American has 13 TV shows and 16 movies on their watchlist to get through — averaging a total of 104 hours — which is enough content to last two whole flights around the world.
News categories: Plex, Jason Williams, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Irdeto and Twise announce CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM solution
Sep 14, 2022 – Irdeto and Twise have announced that they have combined Irdeto Cloaked CA technology with the Twise CI Plus stack on a Mediatek chipset. The pre-integrated and pre-certified solution enables manufacturers to produce a USB CAM in record time.
News categories: Irdeto, Twise, Peter Oggel, Stéphanie Bizouerne, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor
Five Louisville TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Sep 12, 2022 – Local TV stations in Louisville have joined together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Block Communications' WBKI will host five stations including Block's WDRB and market partners WAVE, WHAS and WBNA; Kentucky Educational Television's (KET) WKMJ will launch on Sept. 19.
News categories: Pearl TV, Block Communications, Anne Schelle, Dale Woods, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape