Digital TV News: TOD
Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
Jun 8, 2023 – Atmosic's ATM Bluetooth system-on-chip (SoC) series has been approved for inclusion in the Google Android Open Source Project (AOSP) as a reference design for voice remote controls.
News categories: Atmosic, David Su, Android TV, Digital TV, ICs, Set Top Box, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
Jun 8, 2023 – By enabling Addressable TV (ATV) on Bell Fibe TV, Bell Media is the first media company in Canada to offer ATV on linear channels through a Canadian broadcast distributor.
News categories: Bell Media, Stewart Johnston, Nauby Jacob, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
Jun 7, 2023 – Samsung's Exynos Auto V920 processor has been selected to power Hyundai Motor's IVI systems. The V920 enables display of driving information, as well as seamless playback of video content and games.
News categories: Samsung, Hyundai Motor, Jae Geol Pyee, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Semiconductor, UX, Worldwide
Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
Jun 7, 2023 – Irdeto and Mediatech have announced that Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK) has selected Irdeto Control as its multi-DRM solution for all of its video streaming platforms.
News categories: Irdeto, Mediatech, RTHK, Andrew Bunten, Raymond Mo, Digital TV, DRM, Hong Kong, Streaming
Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
Jun 7, 2023 – Spectrum Reach (NASDAQ:CHTR) and Beachfront have partnered enabling Spectrum Reach to serve programmatic ads across traditional set-top box TV, CTV and online video platforms in a privacy-focused manner.
News categories: Beachfront, Spectrum Reach, Chris Maccaro, Rob Klippel, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
Jun 7, 2023 – Amagi has announced that KC Global Media Asia (KCGM) has deployed Amagi's SaaS offerings to distribute its premium anime channel, Animax, across multiple OTT platforms in India.
News categories: Amagi, KC Global Media, Srinivasan KA, Avani Bhanchawat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
Jun 6, 2023 – IAB Tech Lab has announced the creation of its Advanced TV Commit Group to lead the development of technology frameworks, technical standards and market strategy, to make every TV environment addressable.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Anthony Katsur, Ben Vandegrift, Jim Keller, Karen Chan, Ryan McConville, Scott L Brown, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
Jun 7, 2023 – Taiwan Mobile is using Broadpeak's Origin Packager for live multiscreen video delivery across Asia. The Origin Packager enables Taiwan Mobile to package and protect ABR content delivered to mobile devices.
News categories: Broadpeak, Taiwan Mobile, Jacques Le Mancq, Asia, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Taiwan
tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
Jun 5, 2023 – Apple has announced Apple TV 4K software updates for this fall. With tvOS 17, FaceTime comes to Apple TV 4K, along with other enhancements for a more personalised experience.
News categories: Apple, Bob Borchers, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028