Digital TV News: TP Vision
Irdeto, MStar, SMIT, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs support CI Plus 2.0 USB form factor
Sep 14, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with MStar Semiconductor and SMIT Holdings to offer a CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM with Irdeto Cloaked CA to operators globally. TV manufacturer TP Vision and DVB-CI test tool and software provider, Rabbit Labs are also supporting the partnership.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Rabbit Labs, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Aaron Li, Elie Bonte, Gilles Gautier, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2022, QoE, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Philips Smart TVs to offer video programmatic advertising with Improve Digital
Jan 18, 2017 – Improve Digital has announced a partnership with TP Vision Philips. Philips branded TV sets will offer video programmatic advertising campaigns on its smart TVs in the European market, powered by Improve Digital’s 360 Polaris platform.
News categories: Improve Digital, Philips, TP Vision, Kyra Steegs, Paulo Lopes, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Smart TV
Philips UHD TVs to feature HDR and Android TV
Feb 18, 2016 – TP Vision has announced that its entire 2016 UHD Philips TV range will all be HDR compatible. The latest version of Android TV is featured with new content partners announced for both gaming and movie streaming services.
News categories: TP Vision, Android TV, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Smart TV Alliance introduces SDK 4.0 toolkit
Feb 11, 2015 – Smart TV application developers can develop apps faster with the new Smart TV Alliance software development kit. New and updated toolkit features help developers reach the Alliance’s 58 million compatible smart TVs in a single, integrated process.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
DLNA certifies first wave of products supporting 'Trick Modes'
Feb 3, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that it has certified the first wave of products from its members that support advanced fast-forward, re-wind and frame-by-frame playback capabilities which are now a mandatory feature of DLNA Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Scott Lofgren, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home
One-third of smart TVs compatible with the Smart TV Alliance development toolkit
Jan 5, 2015 – Application developers registered with the Smart TV Alliance can now develop applications for 58 million smart TVs in a single, integrated process within the Smart TV Alliance Common Developer Portal.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Smart TV Alliance Specification v4.0 published
Sep 10, 2014 – The Smart TV Alliance has announced the publication on its Common Developer Portal of Smart TV Alliance Specification v4.0. So far, more than 4,000 smart TV application developers have download the Smart TV Alliance SDK.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Seijiro Yasuki, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Google adds TV device support to Android
Jun 25, 2014 – At Google I/O, Google announced the addition of TV to the platforms supported by its Android operating system. Example devices include TVs, media streamers, connected set-top boxes and micro consoles.
News categories: Android, Android TV, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Smart TV Alliance Common Developer Portal goes live
Jun 2, 2014 – Smart TV application developers can now use a single, integrated process to publish their applications to compliant Smart TV Alliance members’ smart TVs. This makes the publication process simpler, more cost-effective and faster.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Seijiro Yasuki, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle