Digital TV News: TPV
Chunghwa Telecom launches TVs with MOD IPTV integrated
Mar 4, 2014 – Chunghwa Telecom (TAIEX: 2412, NYSE: CHT) has announced the availability of Smart TVs with access to its Multimedia-On-demand (MOD) service built-in.
News categories: Chunghwa Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart TV, Taiwan
IBM Cloud to Deliver Home Entertainment Services for Philips Smart TVs
Aug 31, 2012 – IBM (NYSE: IBM) has unveiled a cloud platform for CE firms and announced that it will power the Philips Smart TV platform for Internet services, which will deliver interactive services to TV viewers in Europe, as well as Brazil and Argentina.
News categories: IBM, Philips, TP Vision, Argentina, Brazil, Content Distribution, Europe, IFA2020, OTT, Smart TV
Philips and TPV sign agreement on Television joint venture
Nov 1, 2011 – Philips (NYSE:PHG, AEX:PHI) has announced that it has signed the agreement to transfer its Television business into a joint venture with TPV Technology Limited (0903.HK). The new company will be 70% owned by TPV and 30% by Philips.
News categories: Philips, TPV Technology, MnA, Smart TV
AOC Selects Trident for Connected TV for Brazil
Sep 27, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has announced that its HiDTV® Pro-SXL system-on-a-chip (SoC) has been adopted in AOC's new series of Digital TVs for Brazil and other South American markets and has begun volume shipment.
News categories: Trident Micro, AOC, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Philips and TPV to create strong global Television company
Apr 18, 2011 – Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE:PHG, AEX:PHI) has announced that it has entered into a term sheet to transfer its Television business into a joint venture with TPV Technology (0903.HK) as part of a long-term strategic partnership.
News categories: Philips Electronics, TPV Technology, MnA, Smart TV
Zoran Corporation Reports Record Results for the Fourth Quarter and Year End 2007
Jan 28, 2008 – Zoran Corporation (Nasdaq GS: ZRAN) has reported results for its fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2007.
News categories: Zoran, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, HD-DVD, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5