Digital TV News: TV8
TVEkstra and ICAREUS power Addressable TV advertising in Turkey
Oct 24, 2019 – Icareus and TVEkstra have agreed with Turkuvaz Media, Ciner Media Group and TV8 channels to offer addressable TV advertising formats to advertisers on all their main channels. The formats are available to over 3 million unique HbbTV enabled Smart TVs.
News categories: ICAREUS, TVEkstra, Turkuvaz Media, Ciner Media, TV8, Mikko Karppinen, Merve Eraslanoğlu, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Turkey
MTG sells Baltic broadcasting businesses
Mar 17, 2017 – MTG has signed an agreement to sell its free-TV, pay-TV, digital and radio businesses in the Baltic region to Providence Equity Partners, an asset management firm that is the owner of Bite, the Lithuanian and Latvian mobile operator.
News categories: MTG, Providence Equity Partners, Jørgen Madsen Lindemann, Robert Sudo, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, MandA, Satellite
Lebara diversifies into migrant OTT TV
Jun 19, 2015 – Lebara has announced the launch of an entertainment service for migrants. Lebara Play will be the only multi-ethnic entertainment service bringing together free and premium, fully licensed content in 13 languages in one place, without long-term commitments.
News categories: Lebara, Lebara Play, Yoganathan Ratheesan, Aditya Thakur, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Streaming
French TNTSAT: 3.3 Million Set-Top-Boxes sold at year-end 2011
Jan 23, 2012 – SES (Paris, LuxX: SESG) has announced that TNTSAT, the French digital terrestrial offer on satellite, reached a total of 3.3 million receivers sold at the end of 2011. This represents an increase of 650,000 compared to the end of 2010.
News categories: TNTSAT, SES S.A., France, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
French TNTSAT: Three Million Receivers Sold
Sep 21, 2011 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the French digital terrestrial offer on satellite, TNTSAT, broadcast via ASTRA, reached a total of three million receivers sold at the end of August. The TNTSAT offer was launched in March 2007.
News categories: TNTSAT, SES S.A., Digital TV, France, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
MTG Makes OnDemand Pay-TV Offering Available on Internet Enabled Televisions
Nov 11, 2010 – MTG (OMX: MTGA, MTGB) has entered into a cooperation with LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) in the Nordic region. Viasat is making its Viasat OnDemand internet pay-TV services available directly on all LG TV sets enabled with NetCast functionality.
News categories: MTG, LG Electronics, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Smart TV, Streaming, Sweden
Viasat adds 30,000 premium pay-TV subscribers in 4Q09
Feb 11, 2010 – MTG (OMX: MTGA, MTGB) has announced results for the period ended 31 December 2009. For the quarter, Viasat added 21,000 net premium IPTV and satellite (DTH) subscribers in the Nordic region, and 9,000 net DTH subscribers in the Baltics and Ukraine.
News categories: MTG, Baltics, Denmark, DVR, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Norway, Results, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden, Ukraine
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform