Digital TV News: TV8
TVEkstra and ICAREUS power Addressable TV advertising in Turkey
Oct 24, 2019 – Icareus and TVEkstra have agreed with Turkuvaz Media, Ciner Media Group and TV8 channels to offer addressable TV advertising formats to advertisers on all their main channels. The formats are available to over 3 million unique HbbTV enabled Smart TVs.
News categories: ICAREUS, TVEkstra, Turkuvaz Media, Ciner Media, TV8, Mikko Karppinen, Merve Eraslanoğlu, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Turkey
MTG sells Baltic broadcasting businesses
Mar 17, 2017 – MTG has signed an agreement to sell its free-TV, pay-TV, digital and radio businesses in the Baltic region to Providence Equity Partners, an asset management firm that is the owner of Bite, the Lithuanian and Latvian mobile operator.
News categories: MTG, Providence Equity Partners, Jørgen Madsen Lindemann, Robert Sudo, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, MnA, Satellite
Lebara diversifies into migrant OTT TV
Jun 19, 2015 – Lebara has announced the launch of an entertainment service for migrants. Lebara Play will be the only multi-ethnic entertainment service bringing together free and premium, fully licensed content in 13 languages in one place, without long-term commitments.
News categories: Lebara, Lebara Play, Yoganathan Ratheesan, Aditya Thakur, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box
French TNTSAT: 3.3 Million Set-Top-Boxes sold at year-end 2011
Jan 23, 2012 – SES (Paris, LuxX: SESG) has announced that TNTSAT, the French digital terrestrial offer on satellite, reached a total of 3.3 million receivers sold at the end of 2011. This represents an increase of 650,000 compared to the end of 2010.
News categories: TNTSAT, SES S.A., France, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
French TNTSAT: Three Million Receivers Sold
Sep 21, 2011 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the French digital terrestrial offer on satellite, TNTSAT, broadcast via ASTRA, reached a total of three million receivers sold at the end of August. The TNTSAT offer was launched in March 2007.
News categories: TNTSAT, SES S.A., Digital TV, France, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
MTG Makes OnDemand Pay-TV Offering Available on Internet Enabled Televisions
Nov 11, 2010 – MTG (OMX: MTGA, MTGB) has entered into a cooperation with LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) in the Nordic region. Viasat is making its Viasat OnDemand internet pay-TV services available directly on all LG TV sets enabled with NetCast functionality.
News categories: MTG, LG Electronics, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
Viasat adds 30,000 premium pay-TV subscribers in 4Q09
Feb 11, 2010 – MTG (OMX: MTGA, MTGB) has announced results for the period ended 31 December 2009. For the quarter, Viasat added 21,000 net premium IPTV and satellite (DTH) subscribers in the Nordic region, and 9,000 net DTH subscribers in the Baltics and Ukraine.
News categories: MTG, Baltics, Denmark, DVR, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Norway, Results, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden, Ukraine
- IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions