Digital TV News: TVPlayer
Alchimie rolls out TVPlayer US with 30+ channels
Mar 29, 2021 – Alchimie (Paris:ALCHI) has launched its American TVPlayer service, an on-demand service offering US viewers over 30 linear and on demand channels. TV Player US complements Alchimie's European TVPlayer platforms.
News categories: Alchimie, Nicolas d’Hueppe, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Synamedia appoints VP for Advanced Advertising and Data
Aug 27, 2019 – Synamedia has appointed Scott Kewley as VP Advanced Advertising and Data Products. Scott will lead Synamedia’s addressable advertising and data monetization business, building on the firm's collaboration with Sky on its AdSmart platform.
News categories: Synamedia, Scott Kewley, Jean-Marc Racine, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Simplestream delivers multiscreen upgrade for Law&Crime Network
Feb 25, 2019 – Law&Crime has turned to Simplestream to enhance the content delivery capabilities of its multiscreen service to better cater to providers and engage with new audiences. The partnership follows a recent expansion of Law&Crime across several new OTT distribution platforms.
News categories: Simplestream, Law&Crime, Dan Finch, Juan Miguel Bassalik, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
UK is the most advanced connected TV advertising market in Europe
Sep 8, 2017 – SpotX has unveiled research into the connected TV advertising ecosystem in Europe. The analysis shows that the UK is the largest and most advanced market in Europe with an established connected TV advertising ecosystem.
News categories: SpotX, MTM, Leon Siotis, Nick Thomas, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, UK
SpotX fully acquired by RTL Group
Aug 30, 2017 – SpotX has announced that RTL Group will acquire all remaining shares in SpotX. The investment demonstrates RTL Group’s continued commitment to its ambitious ad tech strategy and recognition of SpotX’s impressive growth and execution of its strategic objectives.
News categories: SpotX, RTL Group, Mike Shehan, Steve Swoboda, Bert Habets, Guillaume de Posch, Advertising, MandA, USA, Worldwide
TVPlayer selects SpotX as video ad serving platform
Jul 17, 2017 – SpotX has been appointed as the ad serving infrastructure for TVPlayer across all their inventory, including connected TV, desktop and smartphones. Advertisers and their agencies can now target TVPlayer’s one million-strong UK audience using data-driven buying.
News categories: SpotX, TVPlayer, Leon Siotis, Rob Hodgkinson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Netgem launches ‘Watch with Twitter'
Nov 30, 2016 – Netgem has announced the launch of Watch on Twitter. The functionality has been incorporated into its #TelcoTV cloud platform. The service, which has seen its first launch on EE TV in the UK, enables viewers to see which shows are trending on Twitter.
News categories: Netgem, Sylvain Thevenot, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Social TV, UK, Worldwide
EE TV launches ‘Watch with Twitter’
Nov 15, 2016 – EE has unveiled a number of EE TV features as well as a partnership with Twitter. EE has partnered with Twitter to be the first UK TV platform to offer ‘Watch with Twitter’ functionality.
News categories: EE, Twitter, Noel Hamill, Dara Nasr, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Social TV, UK
UK's TVPlayer completes £5M investment round
Oct 3, 2016 – TVPlayer has completed a £5m investment round led by media content company, A+E Networks. TVPlayer is a freemium over-the-top TV service in the UK which offers the country’s free to air channels together with a pay TV bundle.
News categories: TVPlayer, A+E Networks, Adam Smith, Lewis Arthur, Dan Finch, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, UK, Venture Capital
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership