Digital TV News: TVWorks
Freeview NZ Records Biggest Sales Month Since Launch
Feb 14, 2011 – The popularity of New Zealand's free-to-air digital television and radio service, Freeview, continues to increase following the biggest month of Freeview sales since the company began in 2007.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Charter turns to itaas for EBIF platform support
May 12, 2010 – itaas and Charter Communications (NASDAQ:CCMM) have announced an agreement that includes licensing, installation and support for the TVWorks ETV platform. The way is now paved for Charter to begin deployment across various digital set tops (STBs).
News categories: itaas, Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
itaas Develops EBIF Solution to Expand Availability of Interactive Platform
May 11, 2010 – itaas has announced that it has completed integration and development work with Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) on a user agent built on CableLabs' EBIF specification for use on Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) set-top boxes.
News categories: itaas, Comcast, Cisco Systems, TVWorks, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
itaas announces testing of Digital-to-Analog (DTA) converters for set-top box system compliance
Mar 17, 2010 – itaas has announced a program for the testing and certification of DTA devices. Manufacturers of DTA devices are relying on itaas experience and comprehensive infrastructure to ensure compliance with industry standards.
News categories: itaas, Cable TV, Set Top Box, USA
Freeview NZ Adopts MHEG Interaction Channel For Hybrid Services
Feb 25, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that Freeview NZ has adopted the MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC) from the D-book 6.1 as part of an upgrade to its MHEG Country Profile that will allow hybrid services to be provided.
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview NZ, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
itaas to license Comcast's TVWorks EBIF platform
Apr 1, 2009 – itaas and Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) have announced that they are working together to help cable operators quickly and reliably deploy a standard interactive television platform built on CableLabs®' EBIF specification.
News categories: itaas, Comcast, TVWorks, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Interactive TV's Present and Future to be Featured at The Cable Show '09
Mar 26, 2009 – Enhanced TV and tru2way™ interactive TV applications will play a major role at The Cable Show '09 being held April 1-3 at the Washington, D.C. Convention Center, the annual convention of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association.
News categories: The Cable Show, CableLabs, Cable TV, Middleware
TANDBERG Television MPEG-4 AVC to Power Delivery of New Zealand Digital Terrestrial TV
Dec 4, 2007 – TANDBERG Television has announced that Kordia™ and TVWorks have selected its industry leading digital terrestrial television (DTT) head-end system for the delivery of the Freeview New Zealand DTT service.
News categories: TANDBERG Television, Kordia, TVWorks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Terrestrial
New Zealand Freeview launches with MHEG-5 Technology from S&T
Jun 19, 2007 – Strategy & Technology (S&T), specialists in interactive TV playout systems and MHEG-5 middleware, is pleased to confirm the successful launch of its EPG application on the new Freeview digital satellite service in New Zealand.
News categories: S&T, Freeview NZ, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, New Zealand, Satellite, TV Services
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden