Digital TV News: Telefónica
Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
Dec 11, 2019 – Telefónica has selected the Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) orbital position of 13°E to broadcast RTVE FTA content consisting of two HD channels: TVE Internacional Europa and 24 Horas, as well as six RNE radio stations. 13°E covers Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Telefónica, RTVE, Philippe Oliva, Francisco Panduro, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Spain
Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
Nov 13, 2019 – Telefónica has announced the availability of Movistar Living Apps, proprietary apps and from third-party companies that offer new digital experiences to Movistar customers that have its Movistar+ UHD TV set-top-box.
News categories: Telefónica, Chema Alonso, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain
Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
Oct 16, 2019 – At the Rock in Rio festival, Grupo Globo launched the first 5G Broadcast field trial in Brazil with equipment from Rohde & Schwarz. The objective of the project is to validate the operability and market opportunities of the technology.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Grupo Globo, 5G, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Nokia Spain becomes Gold Collaborator of 5TONIC Open 5G Lab
Jun 5, 2019 – Nokia Spain has become Gold Collaborator of the 5TONIC Open 5G Lab in Madrid. With Nokia Bell Labs it will work with Telefónica on the implementation of a testbed for Media & Entertainment use cases in the context of the European H2020 5G EVE project.
News categories: 5TONIC, Bell Labs, Telefónica, Arturo Azcorra, Alvaro Villegas, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, UX
5G TODAY broadcasting field trial officially launched
May 9, 2019 – The 5G TODAY project has begun its 5G Broadcasting field trial. The project partners Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR), IRT, Kathrein, Rohde & Schwarz and Telefónica Germany are jointly testing broadcasting options for future 5G technology.
News categories: IRT, Telefónica, Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, Bayerischer Rundfunk, Michael Hagemeyer, Gerald Huber, Peter Riedel, Anton Kathrein, Ulrich Wilhelm, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
Telefónica Spain to launch €8 pm Movistar OTT TV offer in June
Apr 25, 2019 – Telefónica España has provided an update on the strategy the company will be developing in the coming quarters. As part of its plans, the company intends to strengthen its commitment to television, in particular with the launch in June of a Movistar OTT TV offer.
News categories: Telefónica, Emilio Gayo, Digital TV, OTT, Spain
Rohde & Schwarz to present 5G Broadcast solution at NAB 2019
Apr 3, 2019 – At NAB 2019, Rohde & Schwarz will present a solution for the future transmission of media content with 5G Broadcast. By using a high-power high-tower network topology as an overlay for mobile networks, transmission will be significantly more efficient and cost-effective than before.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Worldwide
LatAm will return to pay TV subs growth in 2020
Mar 25, 2019 – According to Digital TV Research, the number of pay TV subscribers in Latin America was flat year-on-year in 2018. Two operators dominate with América Móvil and DIRECTV/Sky accounting for nearly half of the region’s pay TV subscribers.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Subscribers
MediaKind integrates Netflix into Mediaroom at VIVO in Brazil
Mar 11, 2019 – MediaKind is collaborating with Telefônica Brasil to enhance the user experience for more than 350,000 VIVO Fibra subscribers through the integration of Netflix into the MediaKind Mediaroom platform’s interactive menu system.
News categories: MediaKind, Telefônica, Clayton Cruz, Apps, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, OTT
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service