Digital TV News: Telefónica
Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
Mar 3, 2021 – According to Dataxis, growth in OTT pay TV remains slow in Latin America. At end of 2020, the technology represents almost 1.3 million subscribers; barely 2% of the pay TV market.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, OTT
Liberty Global reports Q4 2020 results
Feb 16, 2021 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced Q4 2020 results. In the quarter, the company gained video subscribers in Ireland, Poland and Slovakia, and saw losses in the UK, Belgium and Switzerland - a reduction of 9,500 overall.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Movistar+ presents app platform for making purchases via the TV
Dec 18, 2020 – Movistar+ has launched a TV-commerce application platform to enable its users to make purchases via their TVs in the comfort of their homes. 'Living Apps' enable purchases to be made using the remote control or by voice.
News categories: Movistar, Óscar Solá, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain
Liberty Global reports Q3 2020 results
Nov 4, 2020 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced Q3 2020 results. The company gained video subscribers in Ireland and Poland, and saw losses in the UK, Belgium, Switzerland and Slovakia - a reduction of 57,300 overall.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, IPTV, Ireland, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
Sep 16, 2020 – Telefónica has launched 'Telefónica Activation Programme: Living Apps', aimed at startups that wish to take advantage of Telefónica’s TV platform, Movistar+, to develop digital home experiences for the company's customers.
News categories: Telefónica, Irene Gómez, Digital TV, Spain
Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
Aug 12, 2020 – Liberty Global (Nasdaq: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that, in agreement with Sunrise Communications Group (SIX: SRCG), it will make an all cash public tender offer for the shares of Sunrise.
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Switzerland
Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
Jul 30, 2020 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA and LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Telefónica's wireless operations in Costa Rica. Telefónica is Costa Rica’s second largest mobile provider.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Telefónica, Balan Nair, Costa Rica, MandA, Mobile
ATEME provides Movistar+ with video headend for live DTH/OTT
Jul 22, 2020 – ATEME has announced that Movistar+ has chosen to implement ATEME's TITAN software-based video headend for distribution of its live DTH/OTT services. TITAN can run on any COTS or virtualized server.
News categories: ATEME, Movistar, Cedric Pesier, Eugenio Lojo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Spain
Movistar+ adds picture in picture and upgrades voice functionality
Jul 7, 2020 – Movistar+ fibre customers in Spain can now watch content from two different channels simultaneously on the screen. The operator has also added new features to its Voice Remote Control.
News categories: Movistar, Fernando Enrile, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain, UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV