Digital TV News: Telesat
Telesat to Launch New Anik G1 Satellite for Shaw Direct
Mar 31, 2010 – Telesat has announced that it has completed an agreement for a new satellite with one of its key customers, Shaw Direct. Shaw Direct has agreed to utilize a payload on a new Telesat satellite called Anik G1.
News categories: Telesat, Shaw Direct, Canada, Content Distribution, Satellite
Pace partners with M7 Group in major HD roll out
Feb 22, 2010 – Luxembourg-based satellite TV operator M7 Group has chosen set-top box technology from Pace (LSE:PIC) to bring high definition (HD) TV content and personal video recording to its customers.
News categories: Pace plc, Belgium, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, Luxembourg, Middleware, Netherlands, Satellite, Set Top Box
Satellite TV platforms maintain growth despite tight consumer spending
Jan 14, 2010 – Euroconsult has announced that growth in the satellite pay-TV market remained strong in 2009 despite the global economic downturn. According to their report, the number of TV platforms in service increased to 113 in 2009 (+38% in three years).
News categories: Euroconsult, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
Airfield Media Group Selects Eutelsat's HOT BIRD™ Neighbourhood To Broadcast Belgian French-Language Channels In Its TéléSAT Platform
Nov 20, 2008 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced the signature of a contract with Airfield Media Group for satellite capacity at the HOT BIRD™ video neighbourhood to broadcast the five Belgian French-language channels in the new TéléSAT, pay-TV platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, TéléSAT, Belgium, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December