Digital TV News: Telia
Telia Company confirms discussions with Bonnier
May 25, 2018 – Telia Company has noted speculation in the media regarding a potential acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting. Telia Company has at this stage no further comment but will communicate further if and when appropriate.
News categories: Telia Co, Bonnier, Digital TV, MandA, Sweden
US and Asia dominate early 5G adoption
Apr 6, 2018 – CCS Insight has raised its near-term forecast for global 5G connections following impressive progress made by the industry over the past six months. This headway has been accelerated by agreement on standards, trials, deployment of chipsets and infrastructure, and operator commitments to the technology.
News categories: CCS Insight, Kester Mann, 5G, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
Telia CLOUDY CDN deploys the BuyDRM KeyOS multi-DRM platform
Sep 14, 2017 – Telia’s self-service cloud video platform for live and VOD content Cloudy CDN, has selected BuyDRM to provide DaaS (DRM as a Service) using BuyDRM’s KeyOS MultiKey Service. CLOUDY provides a cloud-based video platform for the OTT market.
News categories: BuyDRM, Telia, Christopher Levy, Norberts Ositis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Latvia, OTT
7,000 subscribers for Telia's 4G TV service in Estonia
Mar 1, 2017 – Just over a year after launch, Telia's MINU.TV service has reached 7,000 subscriptions. MINU.TV enables subscribers to watch TV over the 4G mobile network and consists of 30 TV channels, as well as several add-on services.
News categories: Telia, Ermo Polma, Digital TV, Estonia, IPTV, Mobile, Subscribers
Teo and Omnitel become Telia in Lithuania
Feb 1, 2017 – Teo, Omnitel and Baltic Data Center have become one company – Telia Lietuva. The integrated telecommunications company in Lithuania will provide telecommunications, IT and TV services as a one-stop shop.
News categories: Telia, Kęstutis Šliužas, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, MandA, Terrestrial
Global SVOD homes to reach 428 million by 2021
Dec 12, 2016 – The number of SVOD homes is forecast to reach 428 million across 200 countries by 2021, up from 177 million in 2015 and an expected 248 million by end-2016, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Russia to extend its SVOD lead in Eastern Europe
Nov 30, 2016 – Eastern Europe will have 18.19 million paying SVOD subscribers by 2021, up from 3.33 million at end-2015 and 5.58 million by end-2016 – almost sextupling between 2015 and 2021 – according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Market Research, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers, Ukraine
Telia deploys ARRIS IPTV STBs in Sweden and Finland
Oct 25, 2016 – Telia has selected the VIP4302 set-top from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deliver IPTV services to its TV and streaming customers in Sweden and Finland. The new service offers IPTV content with Netflix and YouTube integrated.
News categories: ARRIS International, Telia, Steve McCaffery, Christofer Peilitz, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Sweden
Telia announces regional partnership with Netflix
Oct 18, 2016 – Telia has announced a partnership with Netflix. Telia’s customers in Sweden and Finland will be the first to get access to Netflix with Telia’s new generation media box, launching on October 18. The partnership will rollout to more countries through 2017.
News categories: Telia, Netflix, Johanna Berlinde, Apps, Baltics, Digital TV, Finland, OTT, Set Top Box, Sweden
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device