Digital TV News: Telia
Chromecast supports Telia streaming services
Aug 29, 2016 – Telia customers can now enjoy an even simpler and more flexible streaming experience as the TV streaming services in Sweden, Finland and Denmark will work with Google Chromecast. Chromecast is a line of digital media players developed by Google.
News categories: Telia, Johanna Berlinde, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Smart TV, Streaming, Sweden
Digital Content Revenues to Exceed $180bn by 2017
Jun 8, 2016 – A new study from Juniper Research has found that consumer spend on digital content will reach $180 billion next year, up by nearly 30% on last year’s figure of just under $140 billion.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Fixed broadband subscribers to approach 1 billion in 2019
Apr 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) fixed broadband subscribers grew 8% in 2014, reaching 733 million as service providers continue to steadily add subscribers. Subscriber growth is being driven by FTTH and DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
EMT/Elion launches minuTV OTT TV in Estonia
Nov 21, 2014 – EMT/Elion has announced the trial launch of minuTV, an OTT video-on-demand service open to everyone in Estonia with an internet connection. The service is accessible via Android, iOS, Mac, Windows and Linux-based platforms.
News categories: Elion, minuTV, Apps, Digital TV, Estonia, Streaming, TV Everywhere
TeliaSonera adds 97,000 TV subscribers in 2013
Jan 30, 2014 – TeliaSonera has released its year-end report for the January-December 2013 period. The total number of TV subscriptions increased by 97,000 from the end of the fourth quarter of 2012 to 1.4 million.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
TeliaSonera reports for the January-March 2013 period
Apr 19, 2013 – TeliaSonera has released its interim report for the January-March 2013 period. The total number of TV subscriptions rose by 131,000 from the first quarter of 2012. Adjusted for the divestment of NextGenTel, the number of subscriptions increased by 29,000 during the quarter.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Verimatrix Provides Advanced Revenue Security to Samsung Smart TVs
Aug 31, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that Samsung Smart TVs will offer its ViewRight® security software to support premium IP and OTT video services. Apps that pay-TV operators build for such TVs will be able to take advantage of ViewRight client security.
News categories: Verimatrix, Samsung, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC, Smart TV, Streaming
TeliaSonera and Samsung launch IPTV for Smart TV - eliminating the set-top box
Aug 30, 2012 – TeliaSonera (Stockholm: TLSN) and Samsung (Seoul: 005930) have started a collaboration to develop a Smart TV solution that will allow existing IPTV without the need for an external set-top-box, with full support for key linear, catch-up and on-demand features.
News categories: Samsung, TeliaSonera, Elion, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IFA, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Sweden
World premier as Spotify joins Telia's digital TV service
Jun 10, 2010 – TeliaSonera (Stockholm: TLSN), in a world first, is launching a version of the popular Spotify music platform through its digital TV service in Sweden and Finland.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Spotify, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sweden
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way