Digital TV News: TeliaSonera
Telia deploys ARRIS IPTV STBs in Sweden and Finland
Oct 25, 2016 – Telia has selected the VIP4302 set-top from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deliver IPTV services to its TV and streaming customers in Sweden and Finland. The new service offers IPTV content with Netflix and YouTube integrated.
News categories: ARRIS International, Telia, Steve McCaffery, Christofer Peilitz, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Sweden
Digital Content Revenues to Exceed $180bn by 2017
Jun 8, 2016 – A new study from Juniper Research has found that consumer spend on digital content will reach $180 billion next year, up by nearly 30% on last year’s figure of just under $140 billion.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Fixed broadband subscribers to approach 1 billion in 2019
Apr 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) fixed broadband subscribers grew 8% in 2014, reaching 733 million as service providers continue to steadily add subscribers. Subscriber growth is being driven by FTTH and DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
EMT/Elion launches minuTV OTT TV in Estonia
Nov 21, 2014 – EMT/Elion has announced the trial launch of minuTV, an OTT video-on-demand service open to everyone in Estonia with an internet connection. The service is accessible via Android, iOS, Mac, Windows and Linux-based platforms.
News categories: Elion, minuTV, Apps, Digital TV, Estonia, Streaming, TV Everywhere
TeliaSonera adds 97,000 TV subscribers in 2013
Jan 30, 2014 – TeliaSonera has released its year-end report for the January-December 2013 period. The total number of TV subscriptions increased by 97,000 from the end of the fourth quarter of 2012 to 1.4 million.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Verimatrix Provides Advanced Revenue Security to Samsung Smart TVs
Aug 31, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that Samsung Smart TVs will offer its ViewRight® security software to support premium IP and OTT video services. Apps that pay-TV operators build for such TVs will be able to take advantage of ViewRight client security.
News categories: Verimatrix, Samsung, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC, Smart TV, Streaming
TeliaSonera and Samsung launch IPTV for Smart TV - eliminating the set-top box
Aug 30, 2012 – TeliaSonera (Stockholm: TLSN) and Samsung (Seoul: 005930) have started a collaboration to develop a Smart TV solution that will allow existing IPTV without the need for an external set-top-box, with full support for key linear, catch-up and on-demand features.
News categories: Samsung, TeliaSonera, Elion, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IFA, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Sweden
World premier as Spotify joins Telia's digital TV service
Jun 10, 2010 – TeliaSonera (Stockholm: TLSN), in a world first, is launching a version of the popular Spotify music platform through its digital TV service in Sweden and Finland.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Spotify, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sweden
TeliaSonera adds 13,000 IPTV subscribers in 1Q10
Apr 20, 2010 – TeliaSonera (Stockholm: TLSN) has released its report for the period January-March 2010. The total number of TV subscriptions rose by 135,000 from the first quarter of 2009 to 823,000, of which 633,000 were IPTV subscriptions.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil