Digital TV News: Telsey
Cable STBs dominated the global set-top box market in 2015
Nov 23, 2016 – According to the latest market research study released by Technavio, the global set-top-box market is expected to generate revenues close to $14 billion during the forecast period 2016-2020.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal P Doshi, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Croatia's Optima Telekom chooses end-to-end solution from SmartLabs
Sep 11, 2014 – SmartLabs has announced that, in partnership with Optima Telekom, it has upgraded Optima's OptiTV service with an end-to-end SmartLabs Interactive TV Solution. More than 20 companies took part in the Optima Telekom tender process.
News categories: SmartLabs, Optima Telekom, Mikhail Grachev, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
DOCSIS 3.0 Boosts Broadband CPE Market
Jul 18, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released its first quarter (1Q12) Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. The battle between Huawei and ZTE for overall broadband CPE revenue share continues: Huawei took back the top spot in 1Q12, slightly edging out ZTE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router
North America Is Home Networking Leader, Thanks to MoCA
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. MoCA embedded set-top boxes (STBs), FTTB ONTs, coax-Ethernet adapters, and WiFi broadband routers are driving growth in the home networking device market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Broadband CPE and Home Networking Vendors Make Push towards Premium Services
Dec 19, 2011 – Infonetics has released vendor market share standings and market forecasts from two third quarter (3Q11) broadband access reports. Despite a 7% worldwide decline in cable CPE revenue, Motorola (NYSE: MMI) held on to the top spot in cable CPE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router, Smart Home
Home network market up as new devices create 'digital homes' and allow media sharing
Apr 7, 2011 – Infonetics Research has released its new quarterly Home Networking Devices market forecast report. Pace (LSE: PIC), which recently acquired 2Wire, now leads the residential gateway market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Market Research, Router, Smart Home
SecureMedia CA/DRM integrated with TVBLOB's BLOBbox
May 12, 2009 – SecureMedia and TVBLOB have announced that TVBLOB's TV-centric development platform and hybrid internet set-top boxes (BLOBbox), that bring the power of the Web directly to TV is protected by SecureMedia's Encryptonite ONE™ System CA/DRM.
News categories: TVBLOB, SecureMedia, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Set Top Box, Streaming
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools