Digital TV News: Tesco
Humax launches 500GB YouView box in the UK
Jul 14, 2014 – YouView has announced the launch of a new set-top box from Humax. The Humax YouView DTR-T2000 / 500GB is the most compact and fastest box from the YouView Humax range to date and is priced at £199.
News categories: YouView, Humax, Graham North, David Faulkner, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Terrestrial, UK
Manhattan to manufacture a new line of Freesat set top boxes
May 27, 2014 – Freesat has announced that Manhattan Technology intends to manufacture a new line of Freetime set top boxes. The Freesat mobile companion app will also work in conjunction with the Manhattan Freetime set-top boxes.
News categories: Manhattan Tech, Freesat, Emma Scott, Abbas Arbab-Zadeh, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
UK's Freesat adds 18,000 homes in 1Q 2014
May 6, 2014 – Freesat, the subscription free satellite TV service, has announced that it added 18,000 homes in the first quarter of 2014. Freesat is now available in 1.84 million UK households.
News categories: Freesat, Emma Scott, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Smart TV, Subscribers, UK
Freesat announces new Freetime partnership with Vestel
Apr 3, 2014 – Vestel and Freesat have announced a strategic partnership to provide Freesat’s Freetime service via satellite on a range of Vestel’s new smart TVs and set top boxes.
News categories: Freesat, Vestel, Emma Scott, Iskender Diker, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Geographic Expansion Propels OTT on CE Devices
Nov 7, 2011 – IMS Research forecasts that in 2016, connected CE devices in the home will account for 27% of all OTT video transactions, up from 6% in 2010. One of the key drivers behind this growth is the geographic expansion of OTT service providers such as Netflix and Amazon.
News categories: IMS Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
Tesco takes majority stake in blinkbox
Apr 20, 2011 – Tesco (LSE:TSCO) has announced that it has acquired a majority stake in video-on-demand pioneer blinkbox. blinkbox is the UK's leading movie streaming service, offering thousands of titles streamed on the internet to 2m users each month.
News categories: Tesco, blinkbox, MandA, OTT, UK
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem Unveils UltraViolet™ Brand
Jul 20, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has announced its consumer brand - UltraViolet™ - and logo. In addition, the consortium announced three additional new members bringing the total to nearly 60 member companies.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, UltraViolet, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Gaming, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
The UK's first Freeview+ HD PVR hits the shelves
May 20, 2010 – The Philips HDT8520, designed by Pace plc (LSE:PIC), is the first Freeview+ HD PVR to be available in the UK. The Philips HDT8520 PVR will enable viewers to watch TV, including every game from this summer's World Cup, in stunning high definition.
News categories: Pace plc, Digital TV, DVB-T2, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
New Grundig and Goodmans Freeview HD Digital Set Top Boxes
Mar 30, 2010 – Harvard International (LSE:HAR) has announced the launch of Freeview HD (DVB-T2) Digital Set Top Boxes under its Grundig and Goodmans brand names.
News categories: Harvard International, DVB-T2, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product