Digital TV News: Towercom
Towercom selects CryptoGuard CA for DTT pay TV
Feb 16, 2021 – CryptoGuard has announced that Towercom has deployed CryptoGuard CAS to secure its nationwide DTT pay-TV services. Towercom is a privately owned TV and telecommunications operator in Slovakia.
News categories: CryptoGuard, Towercom, Kjell Carlswärd, Gabriel Balla, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Slovakia, Terrestrial
Harris Secures Digital TV Transmission Contract with NURTS Digital EAD in Bulgaria
Nov 14, 2012 – NURTS Digital (formerly Towercom) has awarded Harris (NYSE:HRS) a contract to transition Bulgaria to DVB-T digital television. The project will spread services into more sparsely populated rural areas as the country moves towards analogue TV switch-off.
News categories: Harris, NURTS, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Towercom Bulgaria Selects Thomson for New DTTV Network
Nov 16, 2010 – Towercom Bulgaria has selected Thomson Broadcast as a strategic supplier in the rollout of a DVB-T-based digital terrestrial television (DTTV) network across Bulgaria.
News categories: Thomson Broadcast, Towercom, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 trial authorised in Slovakia
Sep 3, 2010 – Slovakia's Telecommunications Office (TelekomunikaÄný úrad SR - TÚ SR) has announced that it has given a licence to Towercom for DVB-H, DVB-T and DVB-T2 broadcasting on an experimental basis.
News categories: TÚ SR, Towercom, DVB-T2, Mobile, Regulation, Slovakia, Terrestrial
Eastern Europe Satellite Pay TV Launch Frenzy Continues
Nov 13, 2009 – The latest analysis from Screen Digest focused on the Central and Eastern European pay-TV market shows that the recent rapid growth in new satellite TV market entrants in Central and Eastern Europe shows no signs of slowing down.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Macedonia, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Slovakia, Ukraine
Towercom wins Slovakia DVB-T infrastructure tender
Aug 14, 2009 – TelekomunikaÄný úrad SR (TÚ SR), the Telecommunications Office of the Slovak Republic, has announced that Towercom is the winner of its re-tender for the award of operating licences for digital terrestrial television (DTT).
News categories: TÚ SR, Towercom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Slovakia, Terrestrial
SES Delivers Growth From Strong First Quarter Operational Performance
Apr 23, 2009 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has reported financial performance for the three months to 31 March 2009. High definition TV services continued to proliferate; the group now carries a total of 136 HDTV programmes - 67 in the U.S. and 69 in Europe.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Europe, North America, Results, Satellite
Four bid for Slovak DVB-T multiplexes
Nov 20, 2008 – The Telecommunications Office of the Slovak Republic (TÚ SR) has announced that four candidates have bid for the first two DVB-T multiplexes in Slovakia.
News categories: TÚ SR, ORS, Valtech Communications, Towercom, Telecom Corp, Digital TV, Slovakia, Terrestrial
SES Reports Continued Strong Results
Oct 27, 2008 – SES S.A. (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) reports on financial performance for the nine months ended 30th September 2008. Total utilised capacity increased from 820 at 30th June 2008 to 821 transponders at 30th September 2008.
News categories: Content Distribution, Results, Satellite
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting