Digital TV News: Towercom
Harris Secures Digital TV Transmission Contract with NURTS Digital EAD in Bulgaria
Nov 14, 2012 – NURTS Digital (formerly Towercom) has awarded Harris (NYSE:HRS) a contract to transition Bulgaria to DVB-T digital television. The project will spread services into more sparsely populated rural areas as the country moves towards analogue TV switch-off.
News categories: Harris, NURTS, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Towercom Bulgaria Selects Thomson for New DTTV Network
Nov 16, 2010 – Towercom Bulgaria has selected Thomson Broadcast as a strategic supplier in the rollout of a DVB-T-based digital terrestrial television (DTTV) network across Bulgaria.
News categories: Thomson Broadcast, Towercom, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 trial authorised in Slovakia
Sep 3, 2010 – Slovakia's Telecommunications Office (TelekomunikaÄný úrad SR - TÚ SR) has announced that it has given a licence to Towercom for DVB-H, DVB-T and DVB-T2 broadcasting on an experimental basis.
News categories: TÚ SR, Towercom, DVB-T2, Mobile, Regulation, Slovakia, Terrestrial
Eastern Europe Satellite Pay TV Launch Frenzy Continues
Nov 13, 2009 – The latest analysis from Screen Digest focused on the Central and Eastern European pay-TV market shows that the recent rapid growth in new satellite TV market entrants in Central and Eastern Europe shows no signs of slowing down.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Macedonia, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Slovakia, Ukraine
Towercom wins Slovakia DVB-T infrastructure tender
Aug 14, 2009 – TelekomunikaÄný úrad SR (TÚ SR), the Telecommunications Office of the Slovak Republic, has announced that Towercom is the winner of its re-tender for the award of operating licences for digital terrestrial television (DTT).
News categories: TÚ SR, Towercom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Slovakia, Terrestrial
SES Delivers Growth From Strong First Quarter Operational Performance
Apr 23, 2009 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has reported financial performance for the three months to 31 March 2009. High definition TV services continued to proliferate; the group now carries a total of 136 HDTV programmes - 67 in the U.S. and 69 in Europe.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Europe, North America, Results, Satellite
Four bid for Slovak DVB-T multiplexes
Nov 20, 2008 – The Telecommunications Office of the Slovak Republic (TÚ SR) has announced that four candidates have bid for the first two DVB-T multiplexes in Slovakia.
News categories: TÚ SR, ORS, Valtech Communications, Towercom, Telecom Corp, Digital TV, Slovakia, Terrestrial
SES Reports Continued Strong Results
Oct 27, 2008 – SES S.A. (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) reports on financial performance for the nine months ended 30th September 2008. Total utilised capacity increased from 820 at 30th June 2008 to 821 transponders at 30th September 2008.
News categories: Content Distribution, Results, Satellite
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service