Digital TV News: Toyota
Garmin unveils Unified Cabin Experience at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – Garmin (NYSE: GRMN) will demonstrate its in-cabin solutions for automotive at CES 2023. A camera identifies each passenger, enabling occupants to enjoy personalized entertainment options including games and streaming video platforms.
News categories: Garmin, Matt Munn, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
RT-RK and iWedia partner on OTT application development for the car
Sep 7, 2022 – RT-RK and iWedia have announced a joint offer for OTT application development for the car. The solution is built on iWedia's media player together with RT-RK's know-how in DRM, ABR streaming, and Android Automotive OS system integration.
News categories: RT-RK, iWedia, Milenko Beric, Hans-Jürgen Désor, Digital TV, IBC2022, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
EDO secures $80m investment from Shamrock Capital
Apr 6, 2022 – EDO has announced the closing of an $80 million strategic growth investment from Shamrock Capital. The investment provides EDO with capital to scale its business in outcome measurement for Convergent TV.
News categories: EDO, Inc, Shamrock Capital, Edward Norton, Kevin Krim, Dr. Daniel Nadler, Laura Held, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
Apr 8, 2021 – Toyota Motor North America and AT&T have announced that when connected to AT&T in-car Wi-Fi, the WarnerMedia RIDE App, featuring a selection of live and on-demand content, is now available for Toyota and Lexus owners.
News categories: Toyota, AT&T, Steve Basra, Joe Mosele, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA
discovery+ launches in the U.S.
Jan 4, 2021 – discovery+ (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is now live in the U.S., with distribution agreements that will make the product one of the most widely available streaming services at launch.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., David Zaslav, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, USA
Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
Dec 2, 2020 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced the launch of discovery+, its non-fiction streaming service, debuting in the U.S. on January 4, 2021. The service will launch with a partnership with Verizon. Global rollout has already begun.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Verizon, David Zaslav, JB Perrette, Ronan Dunne, Digital TV, India, Ireland, Streaming, UK, USA, Worldwide
36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
Nov 18, 2020 – Shipments of vehicles with Android Automotive-based IVI systems will surpass shipments of cars with QNX-based systems in 2027, and with AGL-based systems in 2029, to reach 36 million units in 2030, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Maite Bazerra, James Hodgson, Stuart Carlaw, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Middleware
Innovid receives $30 million in funding from Goldman Sachs
Jan 7, 2019 – Innovid has announced that it has secured $30 million in pre-IPO funding from Goldman Sachs’ Private Capital Investing group. Innovid will use the additional capital to further its innovation and leadership in the connected TV advertising technology market.
News categories: Innovid, Goldman Sachs, Zvika Netter, Hillel Moerman, Advertising, Digital TV, Private Equity, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
YuMe to Power LG Electronics' Global Smart TV Ad Platform
Nov 2, 2011 – YuMe has announced the availability of YuMe's video advertising solution for Internet Connected TVs. LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) is launching the first availability of YuMe's advertising technology and services to support LG's Smart TV platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, YuMe, Advertising, Middleware, Smart TV
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars