Digital TV News: Twentieth Century Fox
Ericsson, Telstra and Fox unveil push-VOD content delivery solution
Feb 27, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC), Telstra and The Fox Innovation Lab at 21st Century Fox will unveil a content delivery solution at MWC 2017 that pre-loads movies onto a consumer's device ready for purchase or rent.
News categories: Ericsson, Telstra, 21st Century Fox, Per Borgklint, Andrew Penn, Hanno Basse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC21, Streaming, Worldwide
Orange experiments with virtual reality
Sep 22, 2016 – From October 12th, OCS subscribers equipped with a VR headset will be able to enjoy movies and TV shows in a fully immersive environment through OCS VR. In addition, on 1 December, Orange will launch a VR test program in partnership with Wevr.
News categories: Orange, Wevr, Guillaume Lacroix, Georges Nahon, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
Irdeto and Scenarist partner to provide Ultra HD Blu-Ray security
Sep 10, 2016 – Irdeto and Scenarist, the developer of Hollywood-standard, multi-format authoring tools, have partnered to provide content owners with access to world-class forensic watermarking for Ultra HD Blu-ray discs.
News categories: Irdeto, Scenarist, Lawrence Low, Chris Neely, Hanno Basse, Blu-ray, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
EU accepts commitments by Paramount on cross-border pay-TV services
Jul 26, 2016 – Paramount has committed that within the EEA it will not enforce clauses restricting the ability of broadcasters to accept unsolicited requests for their pay-TV services from consumers located outside their licensed territory.
News categories: European Commission, Paramount, Digital TV, EU, Regulation
ViXS and sMedio join forces to launch Ultra HD Blu-ray player solution
Jan 8, 2016 – In response to the imminent availability of multiple Ultra HD Blu-ray disc titles in early 2016, ViXS Systems Inc. (TSX: VXS) and sMedio (Tokyo: 3913) have announce the availability of an Ultra HD Blu-ray player solution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, sMedio, Twentieth Century Fox, Sohail Khan, Shunsuke Tanaka, Danny Kaye, Blu-ray, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Irdeto and Aspera enable real-time watermarking
Jan 6, 2016 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with Aspera. The partnership enables forensic watermarking capabilities which insert watermarks in real-time with no impact on delivery quality or speed.
News categories: Irdeto, Aspera, Twentieth Century Fox, Richard Frankland, John Wastcoat, Ian Harvey, CES2022, Content Protection, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Technicolor is first with UHD Alliance-compliant content services
Dec 10, 2015 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that following the UHD Alliance completion of specifications for Ultra HD displays and content, that it is accelerating content production that is compliant with those specifications.
News categories: Technicolor, UHD Alliance, Mark Turner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
WD delivers Ultra HD movies to Samsung TVs
Aug 5, 2015 – WD (NASDAQ:WDC) has announced its My Passport Cinema 4K Ultra HD (UHD) movie storage device, a way to organize, store and enjoy high-definition digital movies and TV shows on Samsung SUHD TVs and other compatible devices.
News categories: Western Digital, Samsung, Twentieth Century Fox, Tony Tate, Bill Lee, Danny Kaye, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
EU objects to cross-border provision of pay-TV services available in UK and Ireland
Jul 23, 2015 – The European Commission has taken the preliminary view that six studios and Sky UK have bilaterally agreed to put in place contractual restrictions that prevent Sky UK from allowing EU consumers located elsewhere to access, via satellite or online, pay-TV services available in the UK and Ireland.
News categories: European Commission, Margrethe Vestager, EU, Ireland, Regulation, Satellite, UK
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform