Digital TV News: UEFA
beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
Sep 21, 2022 – Astro Malaysia has launched the beIN SPORTS CONNECT, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps on its Ultra Box, allowing customers to stream more live sporting events and Asian entertainment on their big screen TV.
News categories: Astro TV, Euan Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Streaming
Friend MTS receives investment from private equity firm NorthEdge
Sep 6, 2022 – Friend MTS has announced a significant investment by private equity firm NorthEdge. The investment will enable Friend MTS to expand its portfolio of video content security SaaS solutions and deliver technology to its core markets of sports and media.
News categories: Friend MTS, NorthEdge, Jonathan Friend, Jon Pickering, Content Protection, Digital TV, Private Equity, Worldwide
Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
Aug 3, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that Paramount+ will launch as a Premium Subscription within The Roku Channel later this month. Through a dedicated Live TV Guide consumers will be able to access Paramount+’s live content all in one place.
News categories: Roku, Paramount+, Jeff Shultz, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
DISH TV and SLING TV bring Spanish-language streaming service ViX+ to customers
Jul 21, 2022 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced the U.S. launch of Spanish-Language streaming service ViX+ on DISH TV and SLING TV, enabling customers to subscribe to ViX+ directly through its platforms.
News categories: DISH Network, Vix+, Alfredo Rodríguez, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Tivify to use Ateme transcoding for low-latency live-stream
May 26, 2022 – Ateme has announced that Tivify will live-stream the UEFA Champions League Final using Ateme's TITAN transcoding solution and based on the Common Media Application Format (CMAF), which significantly reduces latency.
News categories: Ateme, TVUP, Tivify, Cédric Pesier, Francisco Sáez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
Friend MTS to provide anti-piracy services to UEFA
Apr 7, 2022 – Friend MTS has been appointed by UEFA to provide anti-piracy services for UEFA competitions. Friend MTS will provide services, including monitoring and enforcement, to combat piracy in all its forms (other than on social media).
News categories: Friend MTS, UEFA, Jonathan Friend, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe
beIN MEDIA selects Quortex and Cognacq-Jay Image to power sports streaming
Mar 29, 2022 – Cognacq-Jay Image, in partnership with Quortex, has announced that beIN MEDIA has chosen Quortex’s technology to provide streaming services for its sports content in the Middle East and North Africa region.
News categories: Cognacq-Jay Image, Quortex, beIN MEDIA, François Nguyen, Marc Baillavoine, Faisal Al Raisi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
Amagi to provide content aggregation and playout for Spark Sport 1
Mar 5, 2022 – Amagi as partnered with Spark Sport, a New Zealand-based sports streaming service, to provide content aggregation and playout services for their OTT linear channel, Spark Sport 1. Spark Sport offers live and on-demand sports content.
News categories: Amagi, Spark Sport, Srinivasan KA, Matt Orange, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
TOD unveils streaming platform for the MENA region
Mar 1, 2022 – TOD, a subscription-based OTT service, has been unveiled to audiences across the MENA region. The streaming platform exclusively hosts beIN SPORTS' sports programming and is available on multiple platforms across web, Android, and iOS devices.
News categories: TOD, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media