Digital TV News: UMC
Pandemic-induced decline in display driver IC demand temporarily alleviates tight supply
Apr 13, 2020 – According to TrendForce, disappointing 1Q20 shipments by panel manufacturers, combined with continued acceleration of the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe and the U.S., resulted in a reduction of proposed TV panel purchases in 2Q20 by several major TV brands.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
SES showcases its first broadcast of 8K television
May 23, 2018 – SES will be broadcasting an 8K television signal via its satellite system for the first time during the annual SES Industry Days on 23 and 24 May. Using DVB-S2X the transmission will be carried out on a single 36 MHz transponder on ASTRA 3B.
News categories: SES S.A, Thomas Wrede, Digital TV, Luxembourg, Satellite
SERAPHIC showcases ready-to-go Freeview Play browser solution at IBC 2017
Sep 16, 2017 – SERAPHIC is showcasing the latest features of Freeview Play at IBC2017. SERAPHIC's ready-to-go Freeview Play solution has been adopted by various TV and STB manufacturers such as UMC Sharp and THTF for the service.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Freeview, Ye Wang, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
UMC deploys SERAPHIC browser on Sharp TVs for Europe
Aug 24, 2016 – SERAPHIC has announced that its Sraf HTML5 browser is to be deployed in Sharp smart TVs, according to the announcement by UMC, the Sharp license holder and the second largest TV manufacturer in Europe.
News categories: SERAPHIC, UMC, Ye Wang, Aslan Khabliev, Digital TV, Europe, HTML5, Semiconductor, Smart TV
UMC, MStar and SERAPHIC to launch Freeview Play-compliant smart TVs in UK
Aug 19, 2016 – UMC is working with MStar and SERAPHIC to roll out Freeview Play-compliant smart TVs in the UK in Q4, 2016. It is not the first time that the three parties have cooperated having together introduced Sharp and Blaupunkt smart TVs for Europe in 2014.
News categories: SERAPHIC, MStar Semi, UMC, Ye Wang, Bill Hsiung, Aslan Khabliev, Digital TV, HTML5, IFABerlin, Semiconductor, Smart TV, UK
FOXXUM signs Smart TV agreement with UMC for SHARP brand
Aug 5, 2015 – The European SHARP license holder, UMC Slovakia, and FOXXUM have announced that they have signed an agreement under which FOXXUM will integrate its Smart TV Solution into all newly developed connected SHARP TVs sold in Europe.
News categories: FOXXUM, UMC Slovakia, Ronny Lutzi, Aslan Khabliev, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Smart TV
IC Insights shows big changes in 2013 top 20 semi supplier ranking
Apr 1, 2014 – The top 20 worldwide semiconductor sales leaders for 2013 included nine suppliers headquartered in the U.S., three in Japan, three in Taiwan, three in Europe, and two in South Korea, a relatively broad representation of geographic regions, according to IC Insights.
News categories: IC Insights, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Synopsys, Realtek and UMC collaborate on Ultra HD Smart TV SoC
Feb 12, 2014 – Synopsys (Nasdaq: SNPS), Realtek (TWSE: 2379.TW) and UMC (NYSE: UMC;TWSE: 2303) have announced that their collaboration has resulted in first-pass silicon success of Realtek's RTD2995 UHD Smart TV Controller SoC implemented in UMC's 40LP process.
News categories: Synopsys, Realtek, UMC, Jessy Chen, Steve Wang, John Koeter, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
AltoBeam and UMC demonstrate DVB-T2/T/C/S2/S demodulator
Jul 30, 2013 – AltoBeam and UMC (NYSE:UMC)(TWSE:2303) have announced the release of AltoBeam's DVB-T2/T/C/S2/S demodulator. The ATBM7812 utilizes UMC's proprietary URAM embedded memory technology on 300mm wafers to enable higher performance and smaller chip size.
News categories: AltoBeam, UMC, BroadcastAsia, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management