Digital TV News: UNE-EPM
BB-BUSINESS BUREAU maps Americas pay TV after AT&T-DIRECTV merger
May 29, 2014 – BB-BUSINESS BUREAU has combined its own primary Latin America information with especially collected US data to show the pay TV and broadband competitive landscapes after AT&T acquires DIRECTV.
News categories: BB-BUSINESS BUREAU, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Satellite, Subscribers
UNE selects aioTV to deliver unified OTT/multi-channel video
May 29, 2014 – aioTV has announced that UNE EPM Telecomunicaciones, a telecom operator in Colombia, will utilize the aioTV platform to combine IP and OTT video with traditional multi-channel content into a single customer experience.
News categories: aioTV, UNE-EPM, Mike Earle, Emilio Manjarres, Cable TV, Colombia, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, TV Everywhere
Colombia adds 440,000 pay TV subscribers in 2012
Mar 1, 2013 – Colombia's Autoridad Nacional de Televisión (ANTV) has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country up to December 2012. The total number of subscribers grew from 3.87 million at the end of 2011, to 4.31 million at the end of 2012, a year-on-year growth rate of 11.3%.
News categories: ANTV, Cable TV, Colombia, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
3.7 million pay TV subscribers for Colombia
Nov 2, 2011 – Colombia's Comisión Nacional de Televisión has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country up to September 2011. The total number of subscribers grew from 3.4 million at the end of Q3 2010, to over 3.7 million at the end of September 2011.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Televisión, Cable TV, Colombia, Satellite, Subscribers
Colombia ends 2010 with 3.5 million pay TV subscribers
Feb 3, 2011 – Colombia's Comisión Nacional de Televisión (CNTV) has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country for 2010. The total number of subscriptions grew from 3.2 million at the end of 2009 to 3.5 million at the end of 2010.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Televisión, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Colombia's UNE-EPM already at 120,000 IPTV subscribers
Jul 12, 2010 – UNE EPM Telecomunicaciones of Colombia has added more than 120,000 IPTV subscribers since launch, adding new users at a rate of 10,000 per month.
News categories: UNE-EPM, Sagem, Colombia, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Sagem ships 180,000 set-top boxes to UNE in Colombia
Mar 4, 2010 – According to NexTV Latam, Sagem has shipped to date 180,000 set-top boxes (STBs) to the Colombian IPTV operator UNE EPM Telecomunicaciones.
News categories: Sagem, UNE-EPM, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Colombia ends 2009 with 3.2 million pay TV subscribers
Jan 29, 2010 – Colombia's Comisión Nacional de Televisión (CNTV) has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country for 2009. In the fourth quarter both UNE-EPM Telecomunicaciones and DIRECTV Colombia increased their market share.
News categories: CNTV, Cable TV, Colombia, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Colombia's UNE-EPM reaches 30 thousand IPTV subscribers
Jan 30, 2009 – UNE-EPM Telecomunicaciones of Colombia had around 30 thousand IPTV subscribers at end-2008. UNE is the only Colombian company able to launch IPTV because it has both a pay TV license and a cable TV operation.
News categories: UNE-EPM, Colombia, IPTV, Subscribers
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow