Digital TV News: UPC
India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
Sep 25, 2023 – According to IDC, 4.5 million TVs were shipped to India in 1H23, up 8% YoY. Sales by e-tailers, new launches/model refreshes and clearing of old inventory fueled the growth.
News categories: IDC, Upasana Joshi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
Sep 15, 2023 – NPAW has announced that it is to introduce the NPAW Device Probe (NDP), a tool previously developed by Nokia for quality assurance, integration testing, troubleshooting, and production of video solutions.
News categories: NPAW, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Middleware, QoE, Worldwide
Realtek adds MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC support to STB SoCs with V-Nova
Sep 13, 2023 – Realtek and V-Nova have announced support for MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC in Realtek STB SoCs. This makes Realtek the first chipset provider to offer support for LCEVC.
News categories: Realtek, V-Nova, Yee-Wei Huang, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Imagine Communications partners with Google for TV advertising
Sep 13, 2023 – Imagine Communications has announced a partnership with Google Ad Manager, enabling broadcasters and TV operators to run campaigns while ensuring consistent ad placement on all delivery platforms.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Google Ad Manager, Rob Malcolm, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
TVU introduces low-latency inverse statmux technology
Sep 7, 2023 – TVU Networks has unveiled ISX, the next generation of its Inverse Statmux (Statistical Multiplexing) technology. ISX is a major leap forward in live video transmission with latency of just 0.3 seconds.
News categories: TVU Networks, Paul Shen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Mobile, Worldwide
Amagi and Imagine Communications unveil FAST monetization solution
Sep 6, 2023 – Amagi, with Imagine Communications, has unveiled a FAST monetization solution for direct inventory sales. The solution integrates Amagi's dynamic ad insertion platform with Imagine's video ad server.
News categories: Amagi, Imagine Communications, Baskar Subramanian, Tom Cotney, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
NPA Conseil, Médiamétrie publish French AVOD market report
Aug 31, 2023 – NPA Conseil and Médiamétrie have published the 2nd part of their AVoD Market Report survey, dedicated to monitoring the development of AVOD, FAST and more generally CTV ecosystems in France.
News categories: Médiamétrie, NPA Conseil, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Streaming
MediaHub, Media-Press and Enetpulse power sports streaming at Bulsatcom
Aug 31, 2023 – MediaHub, Media-Press and Enetpulse have announced 'Sports Module', a platform for OTT and IPTV operators that integrates real-time sports data with streaming.
News categories: MediaHub, Media-Press, Enetpulse, Bulsatcom, Petar Rizov, Big Data, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming
Vestel TiVo-powered Smart TVs expected for this year's holiday season
Aug 30, 2023 – At IFA 2023, Xperi (NYSE: XPER) will demonstrate its platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to engage their audience, regardless of whether it is through a smart TV or in the car.
News categories: Xperi, IDC, Jon Kirchner, Greg Ireland, Digital TV, IFABerlin, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
- Hrvatski Telekom initiates Iskon integration
- PROEN deploys Qwilt and Cisco CDN solution in Thailand
- Akta powers AVOD, SVOD, Live Streaming and FAST for ViX
- Nielsen integrates measurement for Netflix's ad-supported plan
- CommScope to sell Home Networks business to Vantiva
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia