Digital TV News: UPC
Swisscom blue TV comes to Apple TV and net+ TV boxes
Jul 19, 2021 – The Swisscom blue TV app is now available on Apple TV and net+ TV boxes. Since launch, apps for LG smart TVs as well as Quickline and Wingo STBs have joined the originally released apps for Samsung TVs and UPC TV boxes.
News categories: Swisscom, blue TV, Wolfgang Elsässer, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Switzerland
MediaMath adds Airtel Ads to its demand-side platform
Jun 30, 2021 – Demand-side platform, MediaMath, has announced a collaboration with Airtel. Airtel recently launched Airtel Ads to enable brands to run campaigns to its over 340 million customers in India.
News categories: MediaMath, Airtel, Giovanni Tricarico, Vignesh Narayanan, Amardeep Singh, Advertising, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Satellite
ANA partners with Comscore to assess Virtual People ID
Jun 24, 2021 – The ANA has announced that it is partnering with Comscore to conduct a preliminary test as part of its efforts to develop a privacy-preserving cross-media measurement solution for marketers.
News categories: Association of National Advertisers, Comscore, Bill Tucker, Bill Livek, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
Jun 22, 2021 – NexStreaming has announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. NexPlayer is compatible with AWS outputs on devices including Android, iOS, HTML5, Tizen, WebOS, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch.
News categories: NexStreaming, Amazon Web Services, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
HBO Max to be available in Latin America & the Caribbean from June 29th
May 26, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will be available in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean starting on June 29th. HBO Max will offer two subscription plans, starting from US$3 per month.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Luis Durán, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming
Amazon to acquire MGM
May 26, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has agreed to acquire MGM for $8.45 billion. Amazon will help preserve MGM’s heritage and catalog of films, and provide customers with greater access to these existing works.
News categories: Amazon, MGM, Mike Hopkins, Kevin Ulrich, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
Global TV shipments grow 11.5% YoY in 1Q 2021
May 24, 2021 – According to TrendForce's latest investigations, bullish TV sales in North America propelled global TV shipment for 1Q21 to 49.96 million units, a 24.2% QoQ decrease and an 11.5% YoY increase.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
May 11, 2021 – Proximus and Amazon have joined forces to integrate the Prime Video app on the Proximus decoder. Customers with an Amazon Prime membership and the latest (Android TV) box can now access the Prime Video catalog.
News categories: Proximus, Prime Video, Stefaan Haerick, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
HISPASAT to take over Media Networks Latin America
Apr 29, 2021 – HISPASAT is to take over Media Networks Latin America, a Telefónica subsidiary. Media Networks provides signal transport and management services to telecoms and TV operators using HISPASAT satellites at 61°W.
News categories: HISPASAT, Media Networks, Miguel Ángel Panduro, Alfonso Gómez Palacio, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, Satellite
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product