Digital TV News: UTStarcom
Slowdown in N. American digital cable and satellite subscribers hurts video infrastructure market
Apr 1, 2011 – Infonetics Research earlier has released its 4Q10 Cable, Satellite, and IPTV Video Infrastructure and Subscribers market share and forecast report. Worldwide video encoder revenue increased 10% and topped the $100 million mark in 4Q10.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Industry Report, 2010
Dec 13, 2010 – Research and Markets has announced the addition of Research In China's 'China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Industry Report, 2010' to their offering.
News categories: Research In China, Research and Markets, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Telcos Face Complex Challenges in Scaling IP Services
Jul 2, 2010 – IPTV network operators face a complex array of issues and challenges as they scale their networks to deliver more robust services to a wider group of customers, and those challenges aren't limited solely to subscriber headcount, according to Heavy Reading.
News categories: Heavy Reading, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
Pay-TV operators pause investments as subscribers slow, competition accelerates
Jun 29, 2010 – Infonetics Research has published 3 video-related market research reports: 2 1Q10 market share and forecast reports, Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers, and Video Infrastructure and Subscribers; and its new IPTV Services Deployment Strategies Survey.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Content Distribution, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box
2009 worldwide STB revenue down 5% from 2008
Apr 8, 2010 – Infonetics Research has released the fourth quarter (4Q09) editions of two video-related market share and forecast reports: Video Infrastructure and Subscribers and Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
IPTV and video equipment and service markets hampered by slowing subscriber growth
Jan 5, 2010 – Market research firm Infonetics Research has published three video-related market share and forecast reports: 'Video Infrastructure and Subscribers', 'Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers', and 'Video Services and Subscribers'.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Subscribers
Weak Economy Helps Lift Lower-End Set-top Box Market in Third Quarter of 2009
Dec 9, 2009 – Dell'Oro Group has reported that the worldwide Set-top Box (STB) market fell 10 percent sequentially during the third quarter of this year to $2.6 billion.
News categories: Dell'Oro, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
China Telecom IPTV STB tender winners chosen
Nov 30, 2009 – The winners of the August 2009 bidding to provide IPTV set-top boxes for China Telecom (NYSE: CHA; Hong Kong:0728) have been chosen.
News categories: China Telecom, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
UTStarcom IPTV Contract With Bureau of Radio and Television in Santai County, Sichuan Province
Nov 4, 2009 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced a new customer deployment with the Bureau of Radio and Television of Santai County, Sichuan Province to resume their radio and television network capability following last year's traumatic earthquake.
News categories: UTStarcom, SARFT, China, Content Distribution, IPTV
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange