Digital TV News: Universal Electronics
Deutsche Telekom offers UEI remote with its Apple TV 4K service
Aug 18, 2021 – As part of its Apple TV 4K service, Deutsche Telekom is offering customers the voice-enabled Apple TV 4K remote control designed specifically for MVPDs from Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC).
News categories: Universal Electronics Inc, Deutsche Telekom, Steve Gutman, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box
UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
Jun 22, 2021 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) has started shipping voice-enabled remote controls to Claro Colombia. The Android TV remote is powered by UEI's chip technology with Bluetooth Low Energy and Infrared control capabilities.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Claro, Steve Gutman, Rodrigo de Gusmao, Android TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Set Top Box
UEI and Instreamatic collaborate on voice-interactive TV advertising
Mar 25, 2021 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) is working with Instreamatic to bring Instreamatic’s interactive voice-enabled advertising to home entertainment devices such as STBs and smart TVs.
News categories: UEI, Instreamatic, Arsham Hatambeiki, Stas Tushinskiy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
Mar 1, 2021 – QuickSet, a technology offered by Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) will be available for TV brands adopting LG's webOS TV platform. LG is including UEI’s QuickSet as the standard for device discovery and control.
News categories: Universal Electronics, LG Electronics, Paul Arling, Lee Sang-woo, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
Feb 23, 2021 – LG is making its webOS TV platform available to other TV brand partners. Over twenty TV manufacturers have already joined the webOS partnership, including brands such as RCA, Ayonz and Konka, with more expected to follow.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
UEI to provide voice-enabled remotes for Virgin TV 360 box
Dec 8, 2020 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) has been selected to provide voice-enabled remote controls to Virgin Media for its new Virgin TV 360 platform. The RF4CE voice-enabled remote is powered by UEI chip technology.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Virgin Media, Menno Koopmans, Annie Brooks, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
Nov 20, 2020 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) has introduced a remote control for Apple TV developed and designed to meet the needs of cable, satellite, IPTV and other Multichannel Video Program Distributors (MVPDs).
News categories: Universal Electronics, Paul Arling, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Universal Electronics voice-enabled remotes for Liberty Global
Oct 7, 2020 – Universal Electronics (UEI) is to provide voice-enabled remote controls to Liberty Global for its RDK-based Horizon 4 set-top boxes. Voice recognition technology is used to search for content on the platform.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Liberty Global, Menno Koopmans, Pieter Vervoort, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart Home
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion