Digital TV News: VIVA
VIVA Entertainment adds DVR capability to its subscription OTT app
Dec 18, 2018 – VIVA Entertainment, a distributor of OTT TV content to consumers in a bundled subscription format, has announced that it has added a DVR platform to the ViveLiveTV subscription service.
News categories: VIVA Entertainment, Johnny Falcones, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Vivacom to deliver DTT in Bulgaria via Intelsat 33e
Mar 21, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that telecom provider Vivacom, the leading telecommunication service provider in Bulgaria, will use the Intelsat 33e satellite to distribute digital terrestrial television (DTT) services throughout the country.
News categories: Intelsat, Vivacom, Rhys Morgan, Vladimir Rangelov, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial
ICFLIX partners with VIVA Kuwait
Nov 20, 2016 – ICFLIX is expanding its presence in Kuwait with the announcement of a partnership with Kuwait’s fastest-growing telecom operator, VIVA. Both Prepaid and postpaid VIVA Kuwait customers will be able to enjoy the ICFLIX library of content.
News categories: ICFLIX, VIVA, Amine Lalami, Abdulrazzaq Al-Essa, Digital TV, Kuwait, Mobile, Streaming
1.2 million subscribers for PLDT's Cignal pay TV
Jan 7, 2016 – Cignal, the pay TV service from the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) has announced that it started 2016 with 1.18 million subscribers – the first and only pay TV provider in the Philippines to pass the one-million mark.
News categories: Cignal, PLDT, Oscar Enrico Reyes, Jane B. Basas, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite, Subscribers
Swisscom offers Marvell-based Ultra HD Android IPTV STBs
Sep 16, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) has expanded its partnership with Swisscom to launch a new line of Ultra HD (UHD) Android IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) powered by Marvell's ARMADA 1500 Ultra (88DE3218) system-on-chip (SoC).
News categories: Marvell, Swisscom, Weili Dai, Peter Fregelius, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Marvell announces SoC platform for 4K entertainment and gaming
Apr 27, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced its ARMADA 1500 Ultra (88DE3218) SoC, designed to enable Pay TV operators and STB manufacturers to deliver small form factor devices with 4K entertainment and gaming to their subscribers.
News categories: Marvell, Verimatrix, Weili Dai, Petr Peterka, Digital TV, ICs, Set Top Box, Streaming, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Uganda Communications Commission updates approved DTT STB list
Feb 20, 2015 – The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) has updated its list of type-approved Free-to-Air Set Top Boxes (STBs) or Decoders for Digital Terrestrial Broadcasting in the country.
News categories: Uganda Communications Commission, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Uganda
Subscriber numbers to fall for 40 of Europe's Pay TV operators
Oct 8, 2014 – A report from Digital TV Research forecasts that subscriber numbers will fall for 40 of Europe's pay TV operators between 2013 and 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Marvell adds 4K UltraHD SoC to ARMADA 1500 family
Sep 10, 2014 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced that it has extended its ARMADA 1500 family of SoCs. The ARMADA 1500 PRO features an Ultra HD-capable video processor, 12K DMIPs quad-core ARM CPU, Verimatrix security and 3D graphics.
News categories: Marvell, Weili Dai, Petr Peterka, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product