Digital TV News: VIZIO
Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
May 19, 2022 – Global streaming grew 10% globally, including continued growth in mature markets like North America (5%) and Europe (9%), during the first quarter of 2022 as compared to Q1 2021, according to the latest State of Streaming report from Conviva.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
May 19, 2022 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has expanded deduplication of CTV audiences to include Smart TV OEM inventory, providing viewership data inclusive of co-viewing across Samsung and VIZIO devices, in addition to other streaming platforms.
News categories: Nielsen, Ameneh Atai, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
May 18, 2022 – 605 has renewed its agreement with VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) for automatic content recognition (ACR) data from VIZIO's Inscape data division. The extended partnership will support 605’s measurement, attribution, and reporting capabilities.
News categories: 605, VIZIO, Kristin Dolan, Ken Norcross, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO shows TV ad innovations at IAB NewFronts
May 9, 2022 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) brought together agency, content and technology partners for a week of events in New York to demonstrate the power of its Smart TV operating system and unveil its latest technology advancements.
News categories: VIZIO, Adam Bergman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Tubi expands relationship with Nielsen
Apr 29, 2022 – Tubi has announced that it's working on an expansion of its current integration with Nielsen that will allow for enhanced and comprehensive measurement through Nielsen’s Digital Ad Ratings (DAR) product.
News categories: Tubi, Nielsen, Mark Rotblat, Ameneh Atai, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Nielsen brings in Inscape Smart TV data for local and national TV measurement
Apr 26, 2022 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) have announced an agreement that provides Nielsen with Inscape glass-level Smart TV viewership data. Nielsen now has the rights to integrate Inscape data for both local and national audience measurement.
News categories: Nielsen, VIZIO, Peter Bradbury, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Sony's share of U.S. Smart TV purchases grew in 2021
Apr 20, 2022 – According to Parks Associates, out of the top five U.S. brands, Sony showed clear growth, compared to 2020, for smart TVs purchased or received in the previous six months, pushing the brand past Vizio and into the top three for purchases in Q3 2021.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO introduces Jump Ads to connect linear TV with streaming
Mar 31, 2022 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has introduced Jump Ads. Jump Ads gives programmers and brands the ability to present an interactive overlay at the end of linear TV programs, directing viewers into a supporting app on the VIZIO operating system.
News categories: VIZIO, Fox Entertainment, Adam Bergman, Natalie Park, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
LocalBTV adds digital video ad insertion capabilities
Mar 30, 2022 – Didja has announced that its live local broadcast TV platform, LocalBTV, is now delivering programmatically-decisioned dynamic advertising insertion (DAI) and replacement (DAR) to its entire 21-market footprint of US TV DMAs.
News categories: LocalBTV, Didja, Jim Long, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution