Digital TV News: VOO
Kaltura powers Cloud TV service, VOOT by Viacom18
Sep 17, 2018 – Kaltura has announced that Viacom18’s VOOT Cloud TV service is using Kaltura to support explosive growth, with more than 37 million active users across mobile, web and smart TVs accessing over 50,000 hours of content and 100 million app downloads.
News categories: Kaltura, Viacom18, Dr. Shay David, Mohit Srivastava, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Viacom18 adds ThinkAnalytics personalized multi-language recommendations to VOOT
Sep 11, 2018 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Viacom18 in India has gone live with ThinkAnalytics on the ad-funded OTT service VOOT. VOOT’s users now have personalized recommendations on the home screen, making it quicker and easier to find content they want to watch.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Viacom18, Peter Docherty, Mohit Srivastava, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC, India, OTT, UX
VOO selects Alticast set-top box middleware
Jun 8, 2018 – Alticast has announced that VOO has selected Alticast's AltiPlatform as its next-generation set-top box middleware. Alticast will upgrade the existing évasion boxes whilst adding backend components from its video service platform.
News categories: Alticast, VOO, Brian Koo, Christian Vyncke, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box
MediaTek announces chipset for HDR-enabled 4K smart TVs
Jan 9, 2018 – MediaTek has announced the MT5598 chipset for HDR-enabled 4K TVs. The MT5598 can be paired with a range of LCD panels, backlight combinations, licensed or free technologies and localized content standards.
News categories: MediaTek, Evan Su, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
2.8 million SVOD subscribers in SAARC countries in Q2 2017
Oct 13, 2017 – According to Dataxis, in the second quarter of 2017, SVOD subscribers in SAARC countries reached 2.8 million at a quarter on quarter rate of 89%, compared to 1.5 million in the second quarter of 2016. India is by far the biggest SVOD market.
News categories: Dataxis, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Myanmar, Nepal, OTT, Pakistan, Subscribers, The Maldives
BARC India partners with Nielsen for video measurement
Jul 4, 2017 – After announcing that its video measurement products will be made available under the EKAM brand, BARC India has appointed Nielsen India as its primary digital measurement partner. Nielsen will fuse its global experience with adaptations to meet the unique needs of the Indian market.
News categories: BARC India, Nielsen, Partho Dasgupta, Steve Hasker, Prasun Basu, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India
Conditional Access market to exhibit CAGR of 9.1% to 2025
Sep 22, 2016 – According to The Insight Partners, the global conditional access systems market was estimated to be $2.32 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $5.53 billion by 2025. Internet services are creating a plethora of opportunities for CA systems.
News categories: Insight Partners, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Ooyala provides ad delivery for Voot OTT
May 31, 2016 – Ooyala is now the ad delivery provider for Voot, a new over-the-top (OTT) service from Viacom18. A joint venture between Viacom and the Network18 Group, Viacom18 is one of the fastest growing entertainment networks in India.
News categories: Ooyala, Viacom18, Keith Budge, Gaurav Gandhi, Advertising, Digital TV, India, OTT
Kaltura powers Viacom18's VOOT VoD service
Apr 6, 2016 – Kaltura has announced that it is powering Viacom18’s newly launched digital VOD service VOOT. The ad-supported video streaming service had launched, last week, with close to 17,000 hours of domestic and international content.
News categories: Kaltura, Viacom18, Ron Yekutiel, Gaurav Gandhi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT
- TF1 and M6 enter exclusive merger negotiations
- WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
- Global pay TV revenues to drop by $30 billion
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting