Digital TV News: VTC
VTC Chooses AsiaSat 5 for New DTH Service in Vietnam
Dec 30, 2009 – AsiaSat and Vietnam Multimedia Corporation (VTC) have announced the signing of a lease agreement for the use of multiple Ku-band transponders on AsiaSat 5 for a new premium Direct-to-Home (DTH) service in Vietnam.
News categories: VTC, AsiaSat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
Asia subscription TV figures higher than ROW combined
Nov 4, 2009 – The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced new data for subscription TV penetration across the Asia Pacific, noting that the region now has 326 million pay-TV, up 26 million homes in 2009.
News categories: CASBAA, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Minerva Platform Powers First IP Television Deployment in Vietnam
Oct 28, 2009 – Minerva Networks has announced that VTC Digicom, one of the largest telecommunications service providers, and the second largest TV network in Vietnam, has selected Minerva's iTVManager platform to deliver premium digital entertainment services.
News categories: Minerva Networks, VTC, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Vietnam
VTC Selects TANDBERG Television for HD and SD Playout to DTT and Satellite
Jun 15, 2009 – TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC) has announced that Vietnam Multimedia (VTC) has selected TANDBERG to provide the encoding, multiplexing and modulation for 10 HD and 32 SD channels that are simultaneously played out over DTH and DTT networks.
News categories: TANDBERG, Vietnam Multimedia, Content Distribution, Satellite, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Asia-Pacific Pay-TV piracy tops US$1.5 billion for 2007
Nov 2, 2007 – In the latest survey of revenue leakage over the last 12 months to the regional pay-TV industry, conducted by the Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) and Standard Chartered Bank, the losses are conservatively estimated to stand at US$1.54 billion, as compared to US$1.13 billion in 2006.
News categories: CASBAA, Standard Chartered, Australia, Cable TV, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Market Research, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, TV Services, Vietnam
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server