Digital TV News: Video Research
BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
Jun 22, 2022 – BuyDRM has announced the selection of its KeyOS Multi-DRM platform to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus, Samsung’s free ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) platform. KeyOS is a content security platform for premium video content.
News categories: BuyDRM, OVHcloud, Christopher Levy, Thierry Souche, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Smart TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
May 9, 2022 – Parks Associates research has found that 43% of U.S. internet households have livestreamed online content in the past three months, with sporting events by far the most popular type of content at 61% of livestreaming users.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Daily audio and audiovisual media usage in Germany now at 10 hours
Feb 3, 2022 – For the first time, people aged 14 and over in Germany consumed audiovisual media for an average of 10 hours per day, according to the VAUNET Media Usage Analysis for 2021, compiled by the VAUNET Association of Private Media.
News categories: VAUNET, Johannes Leibiger, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
76% of US broadband households had OTT subscription in Q1 2020
Jun 8, 2020 – Research from Parks Associates finds that 76% of US broadband households subscribed to an OTT video service in Q1 2020, while the churn rate for streaming services was 41%. 62% subscribed to a traditional pay-TV service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
Mar 31, 2020 – VideoAmp has launched the most comprehensive and accurate commingled dataset in the US, boasting 26M households and 37M devices. VideoAmp has partnered with two of the largest Smart TV OEMs and 38 MVPDs for its viewership data.
News categories: VideoAmp, Randy Laughlin, Michael Parkes, Jonathan Steuer, Maggie Zhang, Andrea Palmer, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Streamhub launches cross-broadcaster video data platform in Japan
Aug 5, 2019 – Streamhub has launched 'catch-an', a data management platform for online video in Japan. In partnership with Video Research, this is the first time that rival broadcasters have worked together to pool their online video inventory to create propositions to report, plan and target campaigns at scale.
News categories: Streamhub, Video Research Ltd, Akihiro Tsuchiya, Yoshihide Ikeda, Advertising, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
May 15, 2019 – Media measurement bodies, BARC (India), Médiamétrie (France), Numeris (Canada) and Video Research (Japan) have announced that they will collaborate on future audience measurement initiatives including the development of common technical standards and operational processes.
News categories: BARC India, Médiamétrie, Numeris, Video Research, Partho Dasgupta, Bruno Chetaille, Neil McEneaney, Yuzuru Kato, Brad Bedford, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, France, India, Japan
Over half of US broadband households who trial SVOD become paying subscribers
Apr 3, 2019 – Parks Associates has found that 58% of US broadband households who trial an OTT video subscription service convert to paying subscribers. Conversion from free trial to paying subscriber is higher among consumers who trial multiple services.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
InterDigital and Technicolor to demo immersive video experiences at MWC19
Feb 25, 2019 – InterDigital (NASDAQ: IDCC) is teaming with the Research and Innovation unit of Technicolor to demonstrate evolving immersive video technologies at Mobile World Congress 2019. The demos are the first public collaboration between InterDigital and Technicolor R&I.
News categories: Technicolor, InterDigital, Gael Seydoux, Valerie Allié, Rémi Rousseau, Dr. Ralf Schaefer, Digital TV, Metaverse, MWC22, Worldwide
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December