Digital TV News: Video Research
U.S. broadband households watch two hours of alternative content on a computer each week
Jul 12, 2018 – Research from Parks Associates reveals that U.S. broadband households watch an average of two hours of alternative content on a computer each week from sources including Facebook, SnapChat, YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Over 85% of U.S. millennials subscribe to at least one OTT video service
Jun 21, 2018 – More than 85% of millennials in U.S. broadband households subscribe to at least one OTT video service. This finding comes from Parks Associates’ OTT Video Market Tracker, which covers the U.S. and Canada.
News categories: Parks Associates, Hunter Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Sports are primary reason to have pay TV for 27% of U.S. subscribers
May 3, 2018 – New research from Parks Associates shows that 27% of U.S. pay-TV households agree that sports programming is the primary reason they subscribe to their pay-TV service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
32% of free OTT trials result in a paid subscription
Apr 24, 2017 – Nearly one-third of OTT free trials convert to a paid subscription, according to connected entertainment research from Parks Associates.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, OTT, USA
Bell Labs opens video research facility in Cambridge, UK
Jul 17, 2014 – Bell Labs (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has opened a new 'antenna' office in Cambridge, UK tasked with research into real-time delivery of video to all types of connected devices, such as smartphones, games consoles, tablets, Smart TVs, and more.
News categories: Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Marcus Weldon, Bo Olofsson, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Gaming, IPTV, OTT, Smart TV, TV Everywhere, UK
Professional video market expands by 55% from 2007 to 2013
Apr 4, 2014 – Culminating a dramatic six-year period of growth, the global market for professional broadcast equipment and services reached $63 billion in 2013, up 52 percent from $41 billion in 2007, according to IHS.
News categories: IHS Technology, Ed Border, Sanju Khatri, Content Distribution, Market Research, NABShow, Worldwide
National TV Digitization Drives 100% IPTV Growth in Asia
Jun 11, 2012 – IPTV subscriptions worldwide will grow by 70% from 2012 to 2017 with 100% growth in the Asia-Pacific region off a large base of 28.5 million subscribers, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Huawei Leads 19 Million Indian Set-Top Box Market with 24% Share
May 21, 2012 – According to ABI Research, nearly 70% of set-top boxes installed in Indian households are imported from foreign manufacturers. In 2011, Huawei was the top STB vendor in India with 24% market share, followed by Pace with 12%.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Set Top Box
Worldwide Pay-TV Revenue on the Rise, to Reach $236 Billion at the End of 2012
Dec 20, 2011 – According to ABI Research, the worldwide pay-TV market will continue to grow to generate service revenues of $236 billion by the end of next year. Cable TV operators continue to face increasing competition from IPTV and over-the-top (OTT) services.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service