Digital TV News: Video Research
U.S. broadband households watch two hours of alternative content on a computer each week
Jul 12, 2018 – Research from Parks Associates reveals that U.S. broadband households watch an average of two hours of alternative content on a computer each week from sources including Facebook, SnapChat, YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Over 85% of U.S. millennials subscribe to at least one OTT video service
Jun 21, 2018 – More than 85% of millennials in U.S. broadband households subscribe to at least one OTT video service. This finding comes from Parks Associates’ OTT Video Market Tracker, which covers the U.S. and Canada.
News categories: Parks Associates, Hunter Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Sports are primary reason to have pay TV for 27% of U.S. subscribers
May 3, 2018 – New research from Parks Associates shows that 27% of U.S. pay-TV households agree that sports programming is the primary reason they subscribe to their pay-TV service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
32% of free OTT trials result in a paid subscription
Apr 24, 2017 – Nearly one-third of OTT free trials convert to a paid subscription, according to connected entertainment research from Parks Associates.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, OTT, USA
Bell Labs opens video research facility in Cambridge, UK
Jul 17, 2014 – Bell Labs (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has opened a new 'antenna' office in Cambridge, UK tasked with research into real-time delivery of video to all types of connected devices, such as smartphones, games consoles, tablets, Smart TVs, and more.
News categories: Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Marcus Weldon, Bo Olofsson, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Gaming, IPTV, OTT, Smart TV, TV Everywhere, UK
Professional video market expands by 55% from 2007 to 2013
Apr 4, 2014 – Culminating a dramatic six-year period of growth, the global market for professional broadcast equipment and services reached $63 billion in 2013, up 52 percent from $41 billion in 2007, according to IHS.
News categories: IHS Technology, Ed Border, Sanju Khatri, Content Distribution, Market Research, NABShow, Worldwide
National TV Digitization Drives 100% IPTV Growth in Asia
Jun 11, 2012 – IPTV subscriptions worldwide will grow by 70% from 2012 to 2017 with 100% growth in the Asia-Pacific region off a large base of 28.5 million subscribers, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Huawei Leads 19 Million Indian Set-Top Box Market with 24% Share
May 21, 2012 – According to ABI Research, nearly 70% of set-top boxes installed in Indian households are imported from foreign manufacturers. In 2011, Huawei was the top STB vendor in India with 24% market share, followed by Pace with 12%.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Set Top Box
Worldwide Pay-TV Revenue on the Rise, to Reach $236 Billion at the End of 2012
Dec 20, 2011 – According to ABI Research, the worldwide pay-TV market will continue to grow to generate service revenues of $236 billion by the end of next year. Cable TV operators continue to face increasing competition from IPTV and over-the-top (OTT) services.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021
- Megacable subscribers up 24,000 in 1Q 2021
- Proximus Luxembourg selects Verimatrix VCAS
- Accedo supports 'AWS for Media & Entertainment' initiative
- Verizon Media and VIZIO announce connected TV advertising partnership
- IBM extends Watson advertising AI to OTT media and streaming
- Conviva releases Q1 2021 State of Streaming report
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 491,000 in 1Q 2021
- HISPASAT to take over Media Networks Latin America
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 230,000 in 1Q 2021
- Amazon Prime Video app added to UPC TV in Switzerland